'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Today I was inspired for the first time in ages and it felt really good to get inky and excited!

I decided to set a belated January challenge for KCUK because they wanted one and I needed a challenge myself – especially because I have loads of cards to send – including several belated ones - <red face> :-(

The challenge is pink and/or dry embossing and here are a few of the cards I managed to put together.

510img026

I know, this one’s well crooked, lol! I (mistakenly) believed the word ‘Paris’ was meant to be straight and stamped it accordingly – oops! Big mistake…

510img024

This one’s a bit of an experiment and needs to be refined but I like the idea. I actually got out the old stamp positioner in order to get that shadow effect!

510img027

This one’s for someone special, so I hope she doesn’t peep before it arrives. It’s a Magenta image – flutterbies far from perfect, but it was still good to play :-D

510img025

I embossed all images with white embossing powder, then sprayed inks and water, flicked water and overstamped the images in various shades of pink, then added high and low lights with Prismacolour pencils, a gold pencil and a Distress ink marker. All but the pop up butterfly were dry embossed after stamping and colouring.

Thank you for looking. Hope to catch up with you in the next couple of weeks as I bloghop for the first time in ages – yay!

xxx

4 very kind comments from lovely people:

Janet N. said...

Oh Cath, it's so nice to see your work again! I've missed it. All of you cards are gorgeous! You took "pink" to the next level!!

Carol Q said...

well hi Cath. nice to see you creating! love your shadow butterfly. you've obviously not lost your touch. x

Anonymous said...

great to see you back! and your cards look gorgeous.

cockney blonde said...

Nice to see you back in blogland. Perhaps me and you both have got our blogging hats back on, x