'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 22 March 2019

It's so lovely to have the feel of Spring in the air, even if it is rather dark today...it's been lovely the last few days, with sunshine as well as a distinct lack of wind! Hope it's the same for you, wherever you may be - or at least showing signs of improvement.

Today I'm sharing more greens... I really do seem to have used green a lot more than usual in the last few weeks. I don't know if it's psychological or if it was just a change because I hadn't used it for a while, but whatever the reason, I've enjoyed it.

Ellibelle's Craft Wednesdays are looking for Spring or Green and Crafty Cardmakers have a 'Make it Green' challenge at the moment, so here's my first card to share, made with a Lavinia Stamps image and lots of green. The background is made with various Distress Oxides and I've simply stamped and embossed the flowers and the words, highlighting with a white pen afterwards. I didn't think it needed anything more.


The next two cards were just tryouts… the first was coloured with Promarkers, the second was watercoloured with Oxides.



This one is a stencil I fell in love with.... I sponged it with different shades of green Oxides, then clear embossed, making it hard to stamp over! Some embossed, some didn't but I quite like that effect.


Then a not (quite) green card 😊 stamped over an Oxide background I already had in my stash, but then doodled a bit, after piecing the flowers. Those flower centres were coloured with exactly the same pens, but alternating placement - I can't understand how the yellow looks green on one of them, but not on the other... but I don't mind.


Addicted to Stamps have a Spring challenge, so I'm pleased to be able to link to that and 

Day of the Month Card Club have an 'I want you to be happy' Day challenge.

Thank you so much for calling in...

Hopefully, I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

24 very kind comments from lovely people:

Glenda Atkins said...

I love the card you shared with us at Crafty Cardmakers, you made it sound so simple to create, especially the background. It certainly does not look easy and I think it is wonderful.
Glenda DT

papierelle said...

I think spring is a moment of happiness for everyone and you have captured this moment on your map wonderfully. Thank you for showing them on our Challenge Blog "Day of the Month Card Club".
Gundi

froebelsternchen said...

You captured your LOVE of spring in an amazing way with all those rare beauties! Wonderful cards Cath!
Happy start of the weekend for you and lots of sunshine sent by
Susi

R's Rue said...

❤️

Caty said...

Woowwww Cath !! What Gorgeous are all your cards !! I really love love them, they are so happy that they can bring Spring to our home !! Wonderful all !! Congratulations !
I wish you a very nice weekend
Big hugs, Caty

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So much green goodness to admire! What a treat to come to your blog! Spring makes me happy, too! Can't wait for it to arrive! Thank you so much for linking up with us at the Card of the Month Card Club!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic cards Cath, all the shades of green do make e feel that spring may be here soon.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Cath, the shades of green all have a lovely fresh look and I love all stamping on the last one.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your green art is so inspiring Cath. I think green is my favorite color so all your pieces make me so happy. We've only had a tease of spring here, but these pieces with their leaves and flowers let me pretend it is like spring already. Smile. Have a happy weekend Cath. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm actually GREEN with envy over these beautiful cards. You have a real knack for making beautiful and stunning cards. I wish I had your talent, dear Cath.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a magnificent display of the love of spring Cath, green is such a refreshing colour full of energy. So glad you shared them all with us today what a treat, i'd be hard pushed to choose a favourite out of all of them but I love the design of the flower in the very first one!! Stunning.
Have a fabulous weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Michelle said...

Fabulous cards, love the doodles one. Green is not really a colour I like but love the freshness of yours, might have to get my green inks out x Michelle

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards love the green -my favourite colour-and great backgrounds
Carol x

crafty said...

A lovely set of green cards. Thank you for sharing them with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

My name is Erika. said...

Happy birthday Cath! Hope it was a good one. Hugs-Erika

Yvonne said...

Thank you for your wonderful green spring cards, love them!
Hugs, Yvon xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what amazing green makes! Green reminds me of spring too and you used them so beautifully on all the designs 😀. I especially like the way you blended the oxides on the first card and paired it with the black and white flowers - beautiful 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Rosmarie said...

Wow, all that greenery that announces spring! I love spring, everything is new, exciting and beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at our Day of the Month Card Club Challenge.
Have a happy day!
Rosi x

pinky said...

Oh wow your creations are just beautiful Cath!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

You have made beautiful green creations.
Hugs Anja

Karen Dunbrook said...

love your green cards....so pretty and fresh.
:) Karen

Neet said...

Where have I been this past week? I have not a clue how I missed this post.
I am not a fan of using green but I must say how Spring-like your cards look and they are a delight to look at. Also they say green is restful to the eyes and a good colour to use.
Love the background you got on the first card with the Oxides and the addition of touches of white pen really lift those flowers.
Four more lovely cards follow, each one so different but equally lovely.
Hugs, Neet xx

sheila 77 said...

Super artwork with the greens, so fresh and Spring-like.
I tried to choose a favourite - I like the minimalism and words of the second and the first with the great green background and then the black and white flowers, which is so effective.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such beautiful cards Cath! The last card is my favourite but I do love those shades of green echoing the trees at the moment! Hugs, Chrisx