'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 3 March 2019

I thought I'd create a page in my 8x8 journal for the Art Journal Journey challenge,  which this month is hosted by the lovely Jo.

The background is pale green and pale pink, over which I stencilled some Oxides, then did a bit of random text stamping. I was inspired by the layered daisies on  Tracey's  post here, so I added 2 or three layers to the flower heads and used Nuvo Crystal drops on the daisy centres, after colouring with copics, then left them to set overnight. I love the way they turned out.


My glue stick was running out, so I grabbed a bright green one, thinking it would go clear when it dried - WRONG! so the beautiful, fluorescent green behind the centre flower is Pritt Stick 😉


This was a 'just for fun' page I made last week, when playing with texture paste and Neocolor crayons. I love the colours - very Spring like.



I recently got a set of lovely, large alphabet dies, so you may be seeing a lot of them 😁 They're so much fun to use!

Thank you for coming to visit...

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what beautiful pages! Both designs are stunning and capture spring perfectly 😁. I love the daisies and vibrancy of the green with the fabulous quote and the spring colours on your second page look so pretty too! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Happy weekend! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh Cath! I also LOVE the daisies and how they tured out and this amazing background for them! Terrific! And the fun is good specks to me - another wonderful page! You are a pro in this journal!
SO happy to see you linking to AJJ again!
You make us happy!
Have a wonderful rest of Sunday and a good start into the new week ahead!
Big hugs, Susi

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork. The spring journal page is fantastic. I love how the flowers came out. Now if Spring would only hurry up and get here! (I'm forecast to get 5" to 8" of snow today into early tomorrow morning. Ugh.)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous pages and backgrounds love the daisies
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Spring page Cath, I have a feeling these dies will become very addictive (for us both). Love your background and the Spring quote.
The AO quote with ART is great, love this page.
Have a great day, Avril xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous journal pages Cath and I love the sentiment that you've used on the first on. I try and remember this one when times are a bit tough and it always reminds me that the brighter days will come The Daisies look terrific and your green glue stick has worked a treat:) I bought myself a couple of Kraft card journals from The Works a while back but I haven't made a start on them yet. I really must rectify that, so thank you for your inspiration. Take care are have a good week x

Caty said...

Both Art journal pages are Wobnderful Cath !! Really amazing daisies !! love the magnifique background you have created in both pages, love the quotes too. Great Art !
I wish you a very nice new week,
Big hugs, Caty

Meggymay said...

Two great pages Cath, I love the pretty daisies on your Spring inspired page. The alphabet die cuts look great, you will enjoy using them.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

You had some fun journaling Cath. I love the spring flowers and the green glue stick ended up being a plus. Those unexpected surprises really make interesting effects, don't they? And your art page is full of spring colors. The combinations works so well. That pop of green is fabulous. Hope you are having some nice spring weather. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love your art journal pages, Cath. You know how to create beautiful spreads with amazing quotes or sayings. I am totally impressed with both of these. I love the spring flowers and was surprised to read about the green glue. HMMM! Thank you so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey. Both are beautiful.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Cath how lovely to think I inspired you to create that lovely page, don't those daisy's look dandy all in a row. I love using those drops and enamels to embellish and with a little embossing powder sprinkled on it really brings out a fabulous raised texture. You've treated me today as you've also used my favourite of favourite things Neo colours.. my go to little sticks of colour. What a fab page, your message says it all.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs Tracey xx

Neet said...

Poppies and daisies are my favourite flowers so I was instantly drawn to this page Cath. Mind you I do like your other page too what gorgeous colours you have used in the background and the promise of those letters coming now and then in your work is exciting. Love them.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those daisies - my favourite although the quote on your other page is so goid! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful pages Cath! The green Pritt Stick looks as though it belongs there! Lol! xx