'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 27 February 2019

Just a little reminder that there's still time to join in our challenge at Try it on Tuesday...

Powder your...
is the theme for the current challenge.
In other words, use powders on your project.
Here are a few ideas:-
embossing powder, mica powder, Brushos, paint powder 
or even images of powder!
It's up to you how you interpret the theme and,
as always, the medium, style, etc you use is 
entirely up to you.
Please
note which kind of powder you used!
I still have a few play pieces left in my folder, so I thought I'd share them today, as a reminder to join us... my intention was to upload them onto the TIOT blog in time for yesterday, but yes... I forgot 😟 oops! Sorry, girls.

This was an example of using Black Brushos through a stencil... following Loll's tutorial, here and here. WARNING! She makes it look REALLY easy - I didn't find it quite so easy...though I know other people have had wonderful results. Mine were very mixed, but I think one of the reasons is that  I use too much water and too much Brusho powder!  

I was a bit happier with the reverse print from the stencil, but I haven't yet used it - partly because I can't think of what to do with it and partly because I wanted to keep it to remind me, lol.

Isn't the black interesting? I can't believe how many hues come out when water activated.

This was a journal page I was going to use for my sample, but decided against, so I'll share a part of it 😄

And this is a spread in my A4 journal I did years ago, but have never used. I dragged one of those silicone basters through the inks while they were still wet and I loved the effect!

 

Hope to see you soon over at Try it on Tuesday... there are already some great entries! Just have fun and play...

Thanks for calling in

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

13 very kind comments from lovely people:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great artwork. I like these a lot. Nice color choices.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic art pages and cards Cath. The brusho powders through the stencil look great. I always try to spray my stencils with water to add to mop up pages, sometimes they look okay, other times they just add to the happy mess.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are incredible. I am in awe of that stencil, but I still have never seen Brushos. I'm sure they have them in the states, just not where I live. You did a great job. That sneak peek is absolutely fabulous. It's perfect for Try it on Tuesday, and I am also loving the wonderful art work I'm seeing there.

Neet said...

What's a silicone blaster please? Never heard of one but I like the end result of using one. Beautiful colour combo too.
Great effect with the Brusho's and the woodland stencil, the deer make a great contrast against that background and I agree with you the reverse one is gorgeous - such an array of colours from the black. Always the one that WOW'ed customers.
Now why do we only see part of the journal page? it is lovely and I bet the whole page is too.
Hugs, & Thanks for sharing some lovely work
Neet xx

marilyn said...

Your second print is fabulous! Never used just black Brushos...might give it a go though.. With Brushos, "less is more" must stay forefront in your mind...truly, a little goes a long way!

Mrs.B said...

I love the first stencil print Cath, it looks very atmospheric. Fabulous journal page too.
Avril xx

Caty said...

Woowww so so wonderful cards, the stencil of the trees is lovely !! Your Art journal spread looks beautiful!! Great !!
I wish you a very nice afternoon,
Big hugs, Caty

Let's Art Journal said...

What an amazing card and journal page! I love how you used the Brushos through the stencil, I might even give it a go if I feel brave one day ...lol 😉. The resulting card is amazing with the deer in the foreground and the reverse image looks like it's snowing - perfect! Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal pages and cards I love the reverse stencil effect and I agree the black is brilliant-I am guilty of using too much too!!!
Carol x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great way to use those Brusho's, I have to agree the black is very interesting and so underestimated. I always make sure I have a few extra papers around when I play with mine as I ALWAYS use far too much. A beautiful TioT piece along with all those others Thanks so much for sharing with us all Cath.
Hugs Tracey xx

Svenja said...

I like all those different backgrounds but the second print from your stencil is special indeed. I'm sure you'll make it into a very interesting card soon!

froebelsternchen said...

OMG - these are fantastic!!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I see this is another if my comments that went walkabout! I love these Cath! Hugs, Chrisx