'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Welcome to a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday

The challenge is 'Powder your...' and we'd love to see you play with your powders -  embossing powders, mica powders, brusho powders, paint powder, even images of powders, it's up to you how you interpret the theme … just have fun!

Please r
emember to note on your post which 'powder' you use in your take on the theme.. 

This is a GREAT excuse to play and let your imagination roam wild... 😉

For my playtime, I simply sprinkled some of my favourite coloured Brushos on an A5 piece of card, activated with (lots of) water and left to dry... then used the background to make this card. 

After stamping my (well loved and used) Paperartsy flowers, I did a bit of stencilling with Brilliance Moonlight White ink and added a bit of text and graphic style stamping in colours matching the Brushos. I then stamped the word 'bloom' in Distress Oxide, clear embossing, and finished it off by colouring the blooms with Posca pens for a strong contrast.  The purple card just pulls it all together.


Please visit the Challenge Blog to see the gorgeous inspiration from my team mates.... there is so much you can do with powders! 

I hope you'll join us for this one - you have a whole TWO WEEKS to get out your powders and PLAY!


Look forward to seeing your art 😁

Thank you for calling in...

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Cath! Such beautiful colours and of course the JOFY flowers! It always amazes me how much the background colour adds to the effect - you got this perfectly!! ! Hugs, Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe that everyone is using Brushos and I have never seen them in my craft stores. Your page is gorgeous, and I was truly surprised you stenciled after you added the flowers and not before. This turned out great, dear Cath and I love the colors you chose, too.

Meggymay said...

I love this colour combination Cath. It is a fabulous card and those stamps look great.
Yvonne xx

Rosie said...

A very beautiful card, Cath. I love the colours on this

My name is Erika. said...

I love these blues Cath. What a joyful pretty piece. Time for some color in my neutral colored world right now. Hugs-Erika

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what an amazing creation!
Big hugs Anja

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely card.

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing colour combination and with those beautifully used stamps it is just a WOWSER dear Cath! Gorgeous!
Have a great week!


Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning card! The Brushos colours look so beautiful with all the stencilling and stamping - I love it 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you are having a lovely week, enjoy! J 😊 x

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Cath, love the background, colours are gorgeous. Great stamping and I love the strong colours for the flowers.
Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and great Brusho background love the stamps and stencilling
Carol x

Marjut said...

What a lovely card, beautiful background and flowers.

Neet said...

What a fabulous card Cath - I love the strong colours you have used. The purple touches on the background echo the centre of your flowers and, as you say, the purple card base you have used just ties it all together.
Simply beautiful.
Hugs, Neet xx

Andrea W said...

The colors are wonderful and I really like how you added the stenciling. Very pretty!

Caty said...

Wooww this is a so Wonderful card Cath !! I love the gorgeous background, the colours, the samps and all the details!! Great Art !!
I wish you a very nice afternoon
Big hugs, Caty