'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 25 February 2019

I had an idea for a man's birthday card last night, so I had to make it, and while doing so, I thought about another stamp that would be perfect for a man, so I made two...😉

This is the one I thought of first, using some stamps I've had a while and never used... I stamped them, then smooshed Oxides over the whole card, stamping the image again and sticking it over the top, which led to some fiddly balloon colouring and cutting out, plus I cut out the thicker columns of the word BOY. If I make this again, I'll keep it cleaner and simpler, I think, maybe with some streamers in the background or some stencilling. I used Promarkers and Copics to add shading, but it went a bit haywire, so although I tried to blend it out, it is far from perfect...


The second one was much easier, especially because I'd already stamped and embossed the image, lol and it doesn't need a whole lot of colouring. I added a sliver of black card to separate the words at the top. Sorry my words aren't perfectly straight - I love clear stamps for ease of use, but sometimes they just don't want to lie straight on the mount - or is it just me?????

I love this stamp and used it for Christmas as well as for birthdays.


I'm happy to be able to enter these into the following challenges:-


Watercooler Wednesday's Masculine Challenge

Stamping Sensations, All Things Bright and Beautiful


and


Thank you for calling in...

I'll be back soon...

Cath
xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Both brilliant cards great background on the first one but love the fabulous stamps on the second one lol
Carol x

froebelsternchen said...

They are both absolutely gorgous Cath! You never cease to amaze with your amazing design!
Happy evening!
Hugs Susi

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love these fun cards Cath! Chrisx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Both cards are great.

Meggymay said...

Two great cards for men or boys, I loved the stamps you used especially that row of happy sheep, they did make me smile. Yvonne xx

Karen Brown said...

What a fun card! Love the animals and their expressions...just perfect for any man. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Mrs.B said...

Two fabulous masculine cards Cath, love the row of sheep and those laughing animals are such fun.
Avril xx

Lindsey said...

I love both of these! The line of sheep is delightful. And the trio of laughing animals is hilarious! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Marlies said...

You made two lovely masculine fun cards Cath. Both look great. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

brenda said...

What fun creations Cath, you really are on a roll this week those Sheep are great with their balloons and the trio of animals perfect for our 'All things Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in again.

B x

Susan Powell said...

These are both great! That first one was definitely worth all the effort and I love the simplicity of the second one. I think that's a set I need in my stash. Thanks for sharing :)

Neet said...

Two great cards Cath - love the first one and I think you are a bit hard on yourself - there's nothing wrong with your shading. Loved this first card when i saw it as a thumbnail on Bloglovin' but i also like the second card and agree with you about those staps.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mac Mable said...

What fun and fabulous cards, both of them. The first card is so unique and I love it x. Laughed out loud with your second card x.

Svenja said...

Fun birthday cards! Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers - and also for kind comments on my blog!!