'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Thought I'd try another yellow journal page for Art Journal Journey, but it didn't really work out... I'd used Adirondack Sunshine yellow - with a couple of other colours - but  disliked it so much, I had to cover most of it up 😟 - sorry, but as you'll see from my journal page...


I love bits of yellow and think it's a great colour to blend others together, but on its own, it's just not my colour...

I do like yellow on birds, though... this is a page in my 'Pray' journal. I actually got out and used my Graphitint pencils, which I've had for a long time but never really used. They worked well on the birds and the ground, though you can't see it very clearly on the kraft paper. I thought we'd have a trio of birds - a sparrow, a greenfinch and a Goldcrest - just for fun.


Thanks for calling in.

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Both artworks are lovely. I like the little bits of yellow in the first one. And birds are always one of my favorites.

Meggymay said...

Two beautiful pages and so different in style. I love all the bird images you added.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous journal pages love the texture and crazy bird on the first and love the birds on the second
Carol x

Rike said...

Poor bird - does not like yellow very much but has some yellow bits on its back!
Your second page is very different from the first one but the Graphitint pencils work well on the kraft paper!
Thank you for linking both to Art Journal Journey!

froebelsternchen said...

Both pages are fantastic!
I love them both and I am happy you linked them to AJJ again dear Cath!
Thank you very much for all your support this month!
There are always colour favourites and colour dislikes.. that's normal I think! We have our preferred colours and we have our own style...

Happy Day my dear friend!
Hugs, Susi

Neet said...

Both pages are lovely Cath and I know where you are coming from with yellow but it has cheered me up using it so I might be changing my mind a bit.
Obviously I love the Crazy bird but the ones on the other page are so super pretty they stole my heart.
Hugs, Neet xx

craftytrog said...

I love your birdy pages Cath, they're both gorgeous!
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful pages! I love the bird and touches of yellow and I had to smile at the yellow comments, I don't use yellow very much either and have been pleasantly surprised with my creations ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh at your first yellow entry, Cath. Somehow, I agree with you. It makes a great accent color, but I struggled with this one, too. However, aside from the sentiment, it was still a beautiful page for Art Journal Journey.

The second journal entry, also for Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey, was stunning. I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing both these entries with us at Art Journal Journey, dear.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I am still finding posts where I have left comments that haven't published! This is yet another...I did love using yellow so I will remind myself every so often ! It's not a colour I would naturally turn to!Hugs,Chrisx