'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 16 February 2019

There's a Mushroom challenge on over on Tag Tuesday Challenge Blog and I thought I'd play along, using one of my scraps from a previous background. I love shrooms and fungi - both eating them and hunting for them - and used to spend hours photographing them, delighting in their fascinating shapes and colours. 

The one I've used isn't an exciting specimen, but it does have a cute little girl sitting on it. I dusted the cobwebs off one of my Art Journey stamps for this, after adding more colour (Distress Inks)  to a scrap left over from an A4 watercolour paper background, which was already stamped with numbers and text.


There's also a 'Have a Number' challenge over at Fab 'n' Funky, so I'll link to that.

The next two cards are also stamped on scraps used to mop up leftover inks on my craft mat. This one was a Brushos mop up. I loved the red and wanted to add a hint of brickwork behind it, but also to have wildflowers growing in a place where you wouldn't expect to find them.


The colours on this leftover bit of card were just too beautiful not to use, so I just added some die cuts and torn paper, after stamping the Fleurs stamp a couple of times, finishing off with a bit of baker's twine.


Back to greens and I was playing a Tim Holtz number background for this one, stamping all over in a toning shade of green. This is one of my favourite little girl stamps, so I stamped her, cut her out and attached over the background, grounding her with another bit of torn paper. I was looking for a specific stamp and found these words - never before used - and thought they'd be just perfect for my little girl.


Daring Cardmakers have an Alphabet Soup Challenge on at the moment, and are looking for letters, words or numbers, so I'll link to that and also to the Typography challenge over at SSS Monday Challenges.

And for Art Journal Journey, another page including some YELLOW, for Rike's challenge. I used a Gelli print page in one of  my journals, thinking the yellow may be just the thing to add to the colours already there. 



Thank you so much for popping in. It's always lovely to see you.

I'll be back soon

Have a lovely weekend!

Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, what a wonderful selection of delightful artwork. The tag with the sweet little girl is adorable. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful set of artwork.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous selection of art today Cath. I love the tag with the little one sitting on a giant mushroom.
All the pieces have wonderful details.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I do like mushrooms too (although not as fond of eating them) but they are very photogenic and artsy. You made a fabulous tag. I love the little girl on the toadstool. Is that one stamp or 2? And nice collection of cards too. What a happy journal page. I love how the background looks like a really pretty sunset or sunrise. Happy weekend! hugs-Erika

Rike said...

Thank you for linking your beautiful art journal page to my theme "Yellow" at Art Journal Journey!
Super when the colour yellow was already in your background before you started to finish the page!

froebelsternchen said...

What a selection of delightful pieces! I love them all -- each single piece cheers me up and touches my heart dear Cath! This girlie from Art Journey on the mushroom is such a wonderful image. Worth to use it again! And those wild flower creations are terrific. The little girl has a wonderful personality and fit's the already amazing green background so well! You always know how to add the perfect little touches to all your creations! And the wonderful art journal page is enchanting ! WOW! It's gorgeous and fantastic for the yellow Art Journal Journey month! Thank you dear Cath for joining in again at Art Journal Journey! You know how to make me happy! Have a grat weekend my friend!
Big hugs, Susi

Kath Stewart said...

a beautiful selection of artwork, love the background on your typography card and that girl is adorable, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Wow what a wonderful collection Cath -
all so beautiful and different.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Gill x

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous collection today Cath! I love the little girl on the mushroom! Your journal page is fabulous - I love that combination of colours! Hugs, Chrisx

Craftyfield said...

Your lovely makes have at least one thing in common, they all have splendid backgrounds! My favourite is the tag, both in colours and imagery it really grabbed my attention!

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous projecys -you make some brilliant backgrounds and so good with choosing apt sentiments
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

Lovely pieces today Cath and I love the sweet little girl sitting on her mushroom, she certainly does look happy.
Avril xx

WendyK said...

Love your fungi tag, thank you for joining us on Tag Tuesday. Also love your journal page and cards, some fab work.

Neet said...

That is one happy tag Cath. The little girl looks delighted to be sitting on her shroom. It made me feel happy to look at it.
Love the other cards too and love the touches of yellow in the Art Journal Journey card.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sylvia said...

What a great selection of your work, love all the wordy/alphabet cards and the gorgeous background on your tag. Thank you for joining us this week at dARING cARDMAKERS.

sYLV XX

Michele said...

such a sweet tag with the dear girl sitting on her mushroom! and all of your art l=is lovely. it has been a delight to visit you here. thanks for playing along at tag tuesday! xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure you will see this post, because I am very far behind and playing catch-up after my bout with pneumonia. You make the most amazing cards. They are beautiful.

Of course, you know I'm here because of your incredible journal page you created using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey. It is colorful, playful, and has a great composition. I love the positive sentiment, too. So glad you joined us again at AJJ.