'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 23 February 2019

The new challenge at Allsorts is Spring Flowers - a lovely thing to focus on - so I got out my spring flower stamps, well some of them, and messed about - it was fun 😀 

These are a bit like (use your imagination) the gorgeous Irises I have in a container in my yard, which are now all out and blooming beautifully. It's a very old PB stamp, used with Neocolors, Tombows and Versafine inks.


These are a little like the gorgeous hyacinths whose perfume greets me every time I go into my bathroom - delightful! Again, I used Neocolors to stamp them with and it's an old Hero Arts stamp. They're not really very elegant flowers, but their perfume is amazing.



This one didn't turn out very well, but I'm showing it just because... I used Neocolors for this, too - maybe that's why they didn't turn out so well, but it's also a really old cheapie I picked up in a garden centre, years ago, and not a brilliant stamp.


All this floral stamping led to a frenzied unmounting of PB stamps and remounting on EZ mount, including this next one...I don't really like the stencilling and wish I'd stuck with one colour, rather than two, and I'll have to work harder on that image now that I can 😉 The splatters weren't intentional, but I quite like them. Maybe Neocolors weren't the ideal medium for these particular stamps...


Oops! I almost forgot to add this (edited to add) because I was really playing here - the expression on this little girl's face is probably the same as the one on mine when I see new flowers each morning - it made me giggle. It's not an easy image to use in this way, though because of the stamp itself.



The splatters on this one really WERE intentional, but they were an afterthought, so they splattered onto the card itself - I don't mind that. Again, not exactly as I wanted it because I stencilled the larger notes in white but then realised I didn't like them (apart from the fact that they're too big) so, intending to outline them in black, I ended up filling them in with my Posca pen. Definitely 'in your face colour' but that's exactly what I wanted...the paints are Dylusions. I had in mind a stamp I have, which says 'If you're feeling blue, try painting yourself a different colour'... 


The Inkspiration Challenge is 'Use Your Stash' - I did that, lol.


Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge is Masculine

Just Add Ink Challenge is Just Add Embossing
(all words and some of the images are clear heat embossed)


I'll be back soon

Thank you so much for calling in...

Cath
xxx

20 very kind comments from lovely people:

Donna Scholz said...

Cath, what an eye-catching card!! So many colors that go perfectly as a background for a jazz player! I really like the splotches, it gives the background "texture". You might not have had "inky fingers" when you did this card, but I sure bet you had "painty" ones :-D Thanks for sharing your great card with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

Wendy L said...

All so gorgeous and all perfect for our challenge at Allsorts. Xxx

brenda said...

A beautifully bright and cheery post Cath, from Tulips and Daffodils to Hyacinths and some music thrown in for good measure, those blooms are a delight and perfect for our 'Spring' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh - you just make my spring heart happy with this array of wonderful cards and then the Jazz music to it - GORGEOUS""""""

Happy Sunday dear Cath!
Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

All of your cards are SO beautiful. I am impressed. You certainly must have had flowers on your mind when you created them this week. Of course the final one was SO colorful and bright. All are fabulous. I'd be proud to receive any of these.

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Cath I love your flowers cards, so beautiful ...

Hugs
Anke

Kathy said...

The musician silhouette is great for our 'Oh Man' challenge!
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous spring flower stamps and you created fabulous cards using them Cath.
Yvonne xx

Sally H said...

A gorgeous collection of cards, Cath! Such beautiful spring flowers and a lovely colourful masculine card too - Fabulous!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards love them all especially the iris one
Carol x

Tristan said...

Cath - great collection of cards and I especially love the vibrancy of your card for WWC. Don't those Dylusion paints rock? Just like you card. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday CHallenge this week. Tristan DT.

Rochelle Blok said...

Such a beautiful array of cards. Love the water colour look and feel that you have given your cards and I love the gorgeous sentiments you've paired with each one. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love, love, love the flower cards Cath!The bright card at the end is a real stunner and a great contrast to the face one before it!Hugs, Chrisx

KimB said...

Such a lovely collection of cards Cath. I love the impressionist feel of your flower cards, they are fresh and delightful! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Neet said...

A real blast of spring which makes for a happy feel at the beginning of your blog with four delightful floral cards. The one with the little girl on made me smile, a great sense of humour with the words and the one with the jazz player has a terrific, and bright background.
A lovely set of cards again.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jan said...

So many beautiful Spring cards, Neet. I love the whimsical feel of your Hyacinths and the soft, gentle colours and it brings your embossed sentiment to life. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

I love all the colours in your cards - you have made a great selection. Really pretty images, bright and refreshing. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

A wonderful collection of cards, Cath. I love the various techniques and colours used. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Mummylade said...

Amazing projects! Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Pia S said...

So many beautiful cards. I came over from Inkspirational to have a closer look at your last card and I think it’s my favorite of all your cards in this post. So cool and funky with all the colors, I love how they look totally randomly put together. Artsy and fun!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational!