'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 17 February 2019

There's a new challenge over at Allsorts - In the Kitchen, Cooking or Baking - sounds like fun!

I had the Paperartsy chef image already coloured, cut out and edged in black, so I hunted in my backgrounds box and found this gorgeous colourful card. I'm almost sure it was made with Ecoline inks - a long time ago! So I found my 'cakey' words, stamped some of them in matching colours, then stamped and coloured the cake to go with it. This is the perfect birthday card for a close friend who loves to bake and has a birthday this week - though we celebrated last night because she's away on her birthday, as every year, because it's half term and she's a teacher.


I went to town on the cake, adding dots of colour for hundreds and thousands and lots of glitter...


It's VERY fine glitter and stuck to all the bits still slightly damp from the glue, too, but that made it a lot more fun! It's very rare that I use glitter but I do like it now and again. Some of my background words were accidentally embossed when I was clear embossing the greeting, which adds more interest.

Thank you for calling in...

I'll be back  soon

Cath
xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great card and I like the glitter.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and image love the hundreds and thousands-great colourful background
Carol x

Meggymay said...

This is a real fun card Cath, I love the quirky chef and the glitter on the cup cake.
Yvonne xx

Linby said...

Love this colourful card and the sparkle.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

My name is Erika. said...

Happy cakey day. I love that quote. You made such a happy cakey day perfect card Cath. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Mervi said...

Gorgeous colours, fun and fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts' Kitchen week;-))m

SewPaperPaint said...

Hi Cath, I wanted to thank you for your kind and positive comments on my blog and to say wow! What a cool card this is. I see we share a love for PaperArtsy! Your colorful design inspires me my friend. Big hugs, Autumn

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this and the great sprinkle effect!! Chrisxx

Neet said...

I am sure you had a lot of fun making this card for your special friend. Love the humour within the card and the variety of colour in the cake icing. It's as colourful as the ones you make for your grand-daughter (cakes that is).
Hugs, Neet xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HOW FUN is this? Simply adorable and very creative the way you combined the background to the colored images.

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous image, I love the sparkle! Thank you for entering our kitchen challenge at Allsorts this week.