'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 27 May 2019

It's taken me almost the full two weeks to make this 8x8 page for Moo Mania & More's challenge...I had to keep leaving it and coming back to it, but I finally got round to completing it today... and a lot of the added details don't really show on the scan because they're stamped in subtle greys... 😞 The path also looks misaligned, but I've only just noticed that...hey ho!
I have to admit, I found this one really challenging, but I suppose that's the whole point of a challenge. 
So, I'm nipping in and making the deadline by the skin of my teeth - again! Sorry, girls. 

I went hunting for 'door' quotes and quite liked this one, though it's a bit long. I found a similar, but shorter Bell quote afterwards, but it was too late by then. I also knew I wanted to use the verse from Revelation 3, so  I added that to the side, although the two are complementary. I have a container in which I keep stamped words - individual words and full quotes I tend to cut up - so I rooted through that and found some mismatched words that fitted what was in my head - et voilà. Ça y'est, c'est finie !

Thank you for calling in today

See you tomorrow, for the new Try it on Tuesday Challenge...

Cath
xxx

8 very kind comments from lovely people:

Sally H said...

It is beautiful, Cath! I love it. great quotes too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are definitely too hard on yourself. I think your path is perfect. The door is gorgeous, too. I like the quote you used. Very appropriate, too.

My name is Erika. said...

You are far better than me since I never even got to making a page for Moo Mania. I love this page! It looks like a real wall and doorway,I should say like a photo that been digitally played with, not art. You put it all together so well. Nice quotes too. Doors is a good topic, isn't it? Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

It might have taken a long time to complete but it is so well worth it. As soon as I saw the thumbnail on the Bloglovin Daily Digest I knew I had to look at it. What a lovely surprise when I saw it was created by you Cath. It is beautiful. I love doors and this journal page outshines any I have tried to do myself. I would like to see it in real life and can imagine it torn from your journal and put in a frame. It needs to be seen and not hidden away.
The quote is perfect and the addition of the passage from the Bible puts the final touch to it.
You do fantastic work and this is up with the best for me.
Hugs, Neet xxxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Atleast you got one made, Cath. I did only in my head. It's a lovely page with relevant quotes. I hate deadlines, wish all the linkys would just stay open lol. xoxo

froebelsternchen said...

This page speaks of wisdom and art Cath! I love the outcome - it's amazing and the wording is fantastic! You are very clever to even collect single printed words - I think one can play then with words and maybe can find a new quote this way... you are talented in so many ways and a big inspiration for so many ! Thank you very much for joining in at Moo Mania & More withthis wonderful page my freind! Much appreciated!
Happy Tuesday dear Cath!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this Cath! I am definitely too late for thistle and I had got door stamps out ready too!!! I Love the way the path winds! A good choice of words too! Hugs, Chrisx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page love the door(sure I have a stamp like this somewhere-never used!)the path looks perfect to me and love all the words and quote used
Carol x