'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 10 May 2019

Good Morning!
Just nipping into the Allsorts Challenge, Pretty in Pink, before it closes, later today. I'm not getting as much crafting time as usual at the moment and when I do get some, I'm really  S-L-O-W!!!

So, yesterday, I sat down with the intention of creating a pretty pink floral card so that I could also enter other challenges, but it isn't quite what I intended because I was drawn to play with these Lavinia flowers, which aren't exactly 'Country Garden'-ish - though it has its own charm - I think. I was aiming for a CAS card - but as you can see, less definitely became more...

I smooshed Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Oxides onto my card, adding water droplets, then stamped the gorgeous Lavinia flowers, which I love. They just looked a little lonely on the pink card...so I added a few more of the smaller stamps, then after clear embossing, I stamped a Hero Arts Birthday text stamp repeatedly over the background, using Worn Lipstick. I coloured the flowers with Prisma pencils, adding some Pink Posca and white gel pen to the smaller ones. I really should have photographed it because the scanner hasn't captured all the nuances of the various shades of pink, which is a shame. They're actually quite pretty in real life  😉


I'll also link it to Penny Black and More, where the challenge is Feminine and/or ATG.

This next one is quite simple but is suitable for Stamping Sensation's English Country Garden theme, even though I've used die cuts. I cut them from watercolour paper, then added various layers of watercolour paint to them to get a bit of depth and variation in colour.


I'd also like to link to the following:-


Die Cut Divas, Flowers

*****

Thank you so much for visiting today.

I'll be back soon
(not tomorrow - I'll be at Port Sunny, all being well!)

Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your birthday card is definitely PINK. It's a beauty, though, and I adore it.

If that's what an English garden looks like, I want one, please. Those flowers are simply over the top, dear Cath.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh these are great Cath. You might be really slow (your words), but the results are worth it. I like the pink. We are back into the rain and I could go back to sleep for about 3 more hours so the pink makes me feel really awake. But your other card is great too. Happy almost week. Hugs-Erika

Karen Brown said...

You've created two lovely floral cards...and I love them both! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

brenda said...

Your first creation using those lovely Lavinia stamps is just adorable in those pretty shades of pink and totally perfect for our themes at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges. Your second card for Stamping Sensations with the Hollyhocks (?) is also lovely and summery but you say die cuts - we are a stamping challenge!!

Thanks for joining in and have a good weekend.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous background and beautiful silhouette stamps--love your beautiful die-cut flowers-hollyhocks?
Carol x

Meggymay said...

Super cards Cath, really pretty pink shades.
Yvonne xx

Tristan said...

You've created a lovely pair of cards Cath. I love all the layers on the 1st card, with the smooshing, over stamping and pincil colouring. I love the colours of the die cut flowers on the 2nd card. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

Arlene said...

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas with you wonderful card.

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing cards dear Cath! Gorgous! You have always such amazing ideas !

Hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards! I'm slow at the moment too,I have too many ideas running around in my head ...lol 😉. The pink with the black stamping looks so pretty and I love the depth of colour that you achieved with the watercolour - amazing! I hope you had fun at Port Sunny! How was the festival, I have thought about going but it's hard to get tickets. Happy weekend! J 😊 x

Carol said...

Beautiful cards - wish I could see the pink one in real life!! Have a lovely weekend xx

Caty said...

Your cards are absolutelly Gorgeous Cath !! Love the wonderful pink background of the first one, and the lovely stamps. and I love too the blooming of your second one, just Amazing.
I wish you a very nice weekend,
Big hugs, Caty

Aunty Sue said...

What fab card hard to pick a fave and thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. Yes my dog is a sheltie this was when he was 2 now 7 years old going on 8. My friend life saver and shadow. Hope he lives as l9ng or longer than yours

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm feeling the same creative pain Cath, when there's not enough time to craft there's so many idea's floating round. What smashing stamps on the first, they really do make a statement, they'd stand out with whatever colour background you chose. I adore the second card with those lovely die cut flowers, beautiful shape & so effective cut from the watercolour card. A double delightful duo.
Have a super week & fingers crossed for more creative time.
HUgs TRacey xx

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Cath. Both are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

Created by Kath said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

HilaryJane said...

I love your watercolour and die cut bloom card, the colours are great. The birthday card is lovely too, I have one of those stamps and have yet to use it. You just might have given me some inspiration - thank you xx

Danoesja said...

Very very beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely card!
Thank you so much for playing along with the Penny Black and More challenge and over at Allsorts too, welcome again;-))m