'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 30 May 2019

Morning all - just about... I'm just nipping in to enter a few (?) challenges 😊

First of all, my third and final entry for Allsorts' Birthday Celebration Challenge. My ladies are on their way to painting the town red in honour of your birthday - any excuse, lol. They're coloured with Copics/Promarkers, though there isn't much scope for shading and I always find red hard to shade. I also added a hand drawn frame so that I can link to Paper Minutes, Simon Says Monday Challenge, Ellibelle's Feminine/Sentiment Challenge and Double D Challenges


I had a few hours playing with my favourite technique - Resist - making two very similar cards; one on glossy, with a standard Versamark resist and one on matte card, with an Embossing resist effect. I'm not sure the difference shows up on photos - it's more apparent in real life. I'm linking these to Moo Mania & More's Wings challenge, A Place to Starts' 'Favourite Technique' Challenge and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday ATG challenge. It will also be good for my next KCUK challenge - lots of shimmery, shiny glitter 😉

The two together

The one on glossy photo card

The one on matte card

The glitter - which also shows the resist technique on both types of card.

For the 'Get your Drink on' challenge at Shopping our Stash  and
Watercooler Wednesday's ATG challenge, here's a simple coffee themed card, coloured with Prisma Pencils... 

Phew!  Lots of Challenges... it just worked out that way, sorry.

Thank you so much for calling in to see me today

Back soon

Cath
xxx

29 very kind comments from lovely people:

Vicki said...

Super cute and fun image on your card! I really love it and will be on my way to find it somewhere! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Frames" Challenge.

hazel said...

Brilliant cards, I love the first one.
xxx Hazel.

Chana Malkah said...

Well, all of your projects incorporated fabulous techniques and they were all executed to perfection. I do love the two fairy cards and your beautiful employment of the resist technique on two different card types. Thanks so much for entering these beauties in our techniques challenge at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner
A Place to Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

María said...

I like a lot all your cards they're great and the fairies cards are fantastic, those backgrounds are beautiful. Hugs.

froebelsternchen said...

I like these ladies cards so much - they are hilarious and wow - the fairy cards are ADORABLE!!!Both variations are simply beautiful - I LOVE both!!! It looks like the glossy paper has taken the black impressins a hint better - but for me both is absolutely perfect!!!! And both are GORGEOUS!
Thank you very much for joining in at Moo Mania & More again dear Cath - we appreciated your participation so much!
Happy Day!
Susi xxx

brenda said...

As always a bumper post Cath, of course I adore the Fairies (been playing Lavinia this afternoon as well) and the moody backgrounds and both of the others are real fun. Interesting what you say about red as I find the same.

Thanks so much for your support of our 10th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, we really appreciated you joining us during the fortnight.

B x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful assortment of artwork.

Rumpelkammer said...

Lustige Karten mit den Damen
und bezaubernde Feen Karten
liebe Grüße
Rosi

Meggymay said...

The fairy card look magical Cath, the backgrounds are beautiful.
I am loving the happy ladies images you used in the other cards, both are fabulous and fun.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

I love the magical scene in the fairy cards, the background colours look lovely. The 'girly, cards are such fun, great sentiments too.
Avril xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

My name is Erika. said...

Cath these are great set of cards. I love those ladies especially. They look like they are loving life, and your cards do too. What fun! Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like all these cards, Cath, and for very different reasons. However, I can totally relate to the caffeine that these women needed!

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for celebrating Allsorts birthday challenge;-))m

Rosie said...

Lovely Fairy-cards

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Karen Brown said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Barbara said...

What a fun card for this challenge. I love the ladies out to have a great time. Your coloring is great. I sometimes use a gray to help me shade my reds. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D "Frames" challenge. Good luck!
Barbara DT

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous cards! Painting the town red looks like fun and I love the stamp that you used 😀. Your fairy card is so magical, the glitter resist is beautiful! I hope you are feeling better and wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Jo x

Rachelle Oltean said...

These are really beautiful and I love the way you used the resist in combo with the silhouette images!

Thanks for joining us a A Place to Start - Rachelle DT

Michelle W said...

Gorgeous cards! I'd like to hang out with those women! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Heidi said...

Was für großartige Karten! Die roten Damen sind wunderbar und dein selbst gezeichneter Rahmen wie geschaffen für unser Thema bei Paperminutes - vielen herzlichen Dank, dass du uns deine Karten zeigst!

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.

Chana Malkah said...

You ladies are so adorable. Thanks for sharing your "Happy Hour" coffee drinking card with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Cath! I came to see the SOS card, but love the fairy cards too, Jo x

EricaSta said...

Wunderbare Karten für MooManias Thema.
Liebe Grüße von Heidrun

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful cards but do really love the two fabulous ladies ones -brilliant
Carol x

Amy said...

Your Moo Fairys with sparkle are the cutest! Happy to see Moo Art
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/moo-art-size-things-with-wings-is-theme.html?m=1

Ellibelle said...

Super creations, the first one is such a fun image and beautifully colored, and loving the fairy cards with the amazing background and of course the gorgeous Lavinia stamps!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge in May! Hope you'll check back again tomorrow when I post a new theme!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

Don't know how I missed this one!
Love the "Girls" cards, especially the one with them sporting red - it is so good using the colour against white - really stands out and they look as if they are having a brilliant celebratory time. A real eye-catcher! That is not to say the coffee card is not as lovely. I can just imagine a group of friends meeting up at a local coffee shop and swapping funny stories from the week they have just had. Lovely colouring - again left white which gives impact to the image. These Art Impression ladies don't need any background, they say it all in the image.
Love your resist cards, the glitter looks fabulous on them - how on earth did you colour those wings - they are magical! I think I prefer the matte card as it seems to show up most of the white stamping but really I do like them both - a lot!
Hugs, Neet xx

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Sorry I'm so late in commenting! Your card is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT