'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 21 June 2019

Shock, horror! Two posts in two days...😵 Bet you didn't expect that! Or to only find one item in the post...


I WAS trying to creep into the Allsorts Challenge by the skin of my teeth, but because my laptop doesn't recognise my scanner until I've removed it from the system, then added it again, I didn't make it 😢 but never mind... I can still enter the SSS Monday challenge, along with a couple of others...


I've been waiting for this stamp set to arrive and when it did, around 1pm today, I wanted to use it straight away...It's designed by Andrea Ockey Parr - one of my favourite stamp designers. I love the simplicity and boldness of her quirky images - they just make me smile 😊


So here's my Journey card/tag/whatever it is when I decide where to put the TH cabinet die card now that it's finished... the background is Oxides and the images are stamped onto some book paper in a language I don't recognise, though it does look Eastern European, so I'd guess at Polish? The words are from a TH set and the scallops are from a Dylusions border I stamped and cut out. I've added a couple of pieces of washi tape across the top, just to add to the spots and stripes themes, which is my chosen 'pattern'.


 
Don't you just love the thought of a bird on roller skates?  It really makes me giggle!!!

I'm playing along with the following challenges:-

Time Out, Funny
Double D, Pattern (Spots and Stripes)
Creatalicious, ATG with optional  Dots and Stripes
2 Sisters on the Blog, Things with Wings


Lots of challenges - all taken from Paper Playful's list as well as my own Challenge blogroll on the lefthand side...


Thank you for calling in today


I'll be back soon


Cath
xxx

22 very kind comments from lovely people:

Joyce said...

This is really funny. I love the idea of a bird on roller skates, and your fun polka dots all round. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

theras kartenblog said...

That´s a nice creation - I like the little "king-bird"... ;)
Thanks for playing with us at Friendship Challenge.
Good luck and best wishes!
Ilse (thera)

Meggymay said...

Its a really cute stamp Cath and a lovely card. I can see how you were drawn to this image.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

A roller skating bird is a lot of fun. You are good at finding fun stamps!. And then making fun pieces. And you mentioned in your comment on my blog about having hot dogs in Costco. Do they have Costcos in England? (Why not? I just never thought about that.) Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Judy Woodland said...

How stinkin' cute!!! That little bird on roller skates just makes me smile. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I not only LOVE the bird on roller skates, I love that it is also carrying an balloon. Such a unique and whimsical image.

María said...

That bird is great I love it I understand you wanted to use it in the same moment it arrived. Hugs.

Aimeslee Winans said...

How sweet! Love his roller skates! And all of your detailed touches. Thankyou very much for your sweet sentiments about our dads. You understand perfectly. I am planning to do an 8x8 deco homage to mine but am still going through his photo cache I inherited. Then I'll choose my images. Hugz! xoxox

crafty-stamper said...

Great background and love the quirky image
carol x

Gerrina said...

I wood be so in shock if I would meet that bird on skates! Great funny card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Darlene said...

Fabulous creation Cath! Very artsy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pick A Pattern’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

I love a quirky image, too, and the bird on skates is definitely that! All these patterns are fabulous and I'm so glad you shared with us at Double D!

Nicolette said...

A cute card.
Thank you for joning us.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog.

Macimbalo said...

Really cute, can't stop smiling when I look at the bird on skates! Adorable! Thanks so much for linking up at ATSM!

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Liebe Cath,
eine tolle Karte hast du gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Ich bin ganz begeistert. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

Brigitte said...

Great use of dots on your wonderful project!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

Let's Art Journal said...

The roller skating birds makes me giggle too - perfect! Your design looks wonderful with the spots and stripes too 😀. So many fun makes, thanks for the smiles and wishing you a wonderful week! Big hugs, Jo x

Inkyfingers said...

That certainly is a fun image Cathy and I can see why you had to use it straight away. Love the bright and cheery background you created for the birdie!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Cath! The rollerskating bird is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Neet said...

I was certain I had commented on this card. In fact as I read it just now certain words jumped out at me, “cabinet, Polish” being two of them.
It is so cute I can see why you wanted it and when she arrived had to use it straight away. (The word ‘it’ didn’t seem right, it had to be ‘she’). Love the bright shocking pink you have given her as she scoots across the card on her roller skates with her crown carefully balanced on her head. Is the balloon propelling her do you think?
The idea of the cabinet card works so well for her. Great choice of colours too.
Giggles and Hugs Neet xxx

Neet said...

I was certain I had commented on this card. In fact as I read it just now certain words jumped out at me, “cabinet, Polish” being two of them.
It is so cute I can see why you wanted it and when she arrived had to use it straight away. (The word ‘it’ didn’t seem right, it had to be ‘she’). Love the bright shocking pink you have given her as she scoots across the card on her roller skates with her crown carefully balanced on her head. Is the balloon propelling her do you think?
The idea of the cabinet card works so well for her. Great choice of colours too.
Giggles and Hugs Neet xxx

Caroline said...

Nice card you've made.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog