'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Good Morning all!

We have a new challenge on the Try it on Tuesday Challenge Blog!

Material Girl

We'd love to see Feminine and fancy lace, fabrics, ribbons, bows and stitching (real or faux)
How do you interpret the theme? 
As usual, you may use any medium you like, including digital

Come play with us over the next fortnight!
Don't forget to check out the gorgeous inspiration created by the Design Team!

In 'another life' I sold stamps and my favourite stamp company was Time to Stamp, now available from I Brake for Stamps, though some of her images are also available from Rubber Dance. This was one of my favourite female images, a lovely red rubber stamp that's around 20 years old! There's just something about it that appeals to me... I also used old Hero Arts mounted stitched  stamps around her, 3 Stampington borders and smooshed with VERY soothing pastel shades of Distress Oxides in the background; Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar and Dried Marigold. The gorgeous lace (Hero Arts) was a RAK from a very missed friend in California, ribbon and buttons from my stash 😉 It's always good to use real, red rubber!

(A photo, to show the discrepancies in colour...)

Look forward to seeing your art 😊

I'm playing along with:

Allsorts, Soft Pastels
Make My Monday, Begins with a B (buttons, bow)

Thank you for calling in today

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

You can't beat it Cath and if it's mounted on wood all the better, I still prefer some of my oldies. So much interest on this one and the lace, ribbon and little pearl flower all add to the very shabby chick feel to this one. Thanks so much for linking up to Allsorts 'Soft Pastels theme.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty card - I love it! The colours, lace, ribbon and flowers make for a feminine and stunning design with the beautiful stamped image, I can see why it's one of your favourite stamps 😀. I hope you are keeping well and wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

Rosie said...

A wonderful card, Cath

Mrs.B said...

Love this card Cath and that lady is certainly a beauty. Gorgeous background with the border stamps and the addition of the ribbon and lace, very feminine.
Avril xx

María said...

A very elegant card, that lady stamp is beautiful and I love a lot the background you've made, everything in this card is perfect. Hugs, María.

crafty-stamper said...

A gorgeous shabby chic feminine card,love the beautiful image,selection of stamps and gorgeous lace
Carol x

Linby said...

Love the shabby chic vintage look.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous vintage look Cath! After a bad start we are really enjoying Toulouse!Big hus, Chris xx

froebelsternchen said...

A FANTASTIC image and a gorgeous card! You sold stamps.That must have been exciting and I bet you have been a good customer for yourself ,lol. Happy Tiot teamie!Susi ×××

Aimeslee Winans said...

Lovely fem shabby style piece, the texture is yummy. I keep a collection of mounted stamps, not that many, 2-3 dozen, most of them small but a few backgrounds. I got into the hobby right when cling mount came out so I never stamped in an all-mounted world. And 2 of my mounteds are warped or something because I never can get a good print, so while I do appreciate mounted, I am also wary when using them. I think every type has good and bad to that. I can imagine being around wall-to-wall stamps in a store long enough, you develop a love for them. I enjoy displaying mine.

My next post will have my entry for this challenge at TIOT. I went more modern with my material girl, but I do so enjoy seeing your frilly pretty vintage shabby girl. xox

Joan said...

I love this Cath, very vintage and such a lot of details. I think I love my old stamps much more than later ones, I did unmount quite a lot of wood stamps but still have a huge stash of them, the only disadvantage can't use them in my Misti, but mist of them perfectly anyway!

Joan

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous piece of art Cath! So pretty and feminine.
Alison xx

hazel said...

A beautiful vintage piece Cath, I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

Vintage has always been a favourite of mine and you have done justice to your main image with all the additional stamping. I know how much you like your rubber stamps and it shows in this card. Lovely addition of lace and button complimenting the stamps you chose as border/background. Good to see you using this style again, I love how versatile you are.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Caty said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Cath !! Love this wonderful card, very femenine, the laces are wonderful, as every detail. Great !
I wish you a very nice new week,
Big hugs, Caty

Janeen from DemiDoodle.com said...

Cath, Thanks for playing with us at Make My Monday! I can see why you like that 20 year old stamp. There is something about the figure. Reminds me of a cameo pin I once had. The button(s) were a great addition to the card.

Janeen

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a beautiful image Cath, and I love that stitchy background. Teamed up with ribbon, lace and that sweet button is a combination that I love. I really hope I can find time to join in before the challenge ends.
Take care & I hope the weather has been kind to you in your part of the UK.
Hugs Tracey xx

Linda Kunsman said...

LOVE this beautiful card and vintage style Cath-lace, buttons and ribbon-oh my:)