'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 9 May 2020

Bright colours can be mood changing - well, I think so 😊 at least - but sometimes the colours we use reflect our moods, don't you think? 
So I thought I'd play with some...
I just added Oxides to a piece of card, splattered and dripped water, then stamped and clear embossed over them. Stamping again on white cardstock, I fussy cut the image, then adhered it over the stamped one. The letters were added in my stamping platform, though I had to add some with a black Posca pen because they wouldn't stamp over the card I'd stuck on!  Words are from another typewriter stamp set with some great words.

This is my 'go to' image for conquering 'adversity' at the moment. I just think the idea of standing on the problem - the whale (think Jonah) - is super symbolic. Just remember, everyone - this WILL PASS!
It's for a friend who's having a really difficult time right now, so I just wanted to encourage her.
LOVE this Inkylicious background stamp and here, I used it a little like a gelli plate, blending bits of Peacock Feather and Salty Ocean onto the stamp. 

Linking to:
Allsorts, Anything Goes
Daring Cardmakers, Inky Backgrounds

Thank you for calling in
Back soon
Stay safe!
Cath
xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm with you about bright colors. They do make me so happy and I would guess they do that for you also. And today since it is snowing (snow in May? What?) they are even more joyful. I like these cards a lot today. The typewriter image is very cool as are the quotes. And it would be great to ride a whale. It bring me thoughts of a movie in New Zealand. Something I watched with my daughter many years ago. I need to go check out that memory because I remember it was a very good film. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Yes I agree about colours reflecting feelings. I think the brighter colours make me feel happy and cheerful.
Its a fantastic card and the words are super.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Yes I agree too about colours reflecting our moods.Fabulous colourful background.Love the vintage typewriter and great sentiments-love the whimsical whale image and splatter background
CCarol x

DVArtist said...

Cath these are amazing. The first one is something we should all do with our lives. The second is what is happening now in so many places. The colors in both are delicious.

Mrs.B said...

Bright colours definitely lift the mood as far as I'm concerned and I love the bold colours on your card with the black image and uplifting sentiments.
Love the whale image, I'm sure it will cheer your friend up.
Stay safe and take care.
Avril xx

brenda said...

Seems most of us so far are of the same mind about colour, I'm certainly with you. I also find if I need a case card which never comes easy, that I need to do it on a 'blue day '. On a positive note I crafted this morning, well no, I actually made two cards and both escaped the bin! So fingers crossed I've overcome my nine week drought.

On to your cards and of course I love all the colours and so happy to see you at Allsorts Challenge again, thanks so much.

B x

brenda said...

Okay, so of course I meant CAS card - beware predictive text and trying to comment on a tablet with dodgy fingers!!

Bx

María said...

I love that background of the first one with those bright colours and the stamps you've used are great.

The second card is adorable, that stamp is super whimsical, I like a lot how you've played with the blue tones. Hugs, María.

Ellibelle said...

Both are so beautifully done!
Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

froebelsternchen said...

These are amazing, I specially adore the first one Cath!
Big hugs,

Susi

Svenja said...

Awesome take on the inky theme - I just love your bold colours! Thanks for sharing with the Daring Cardmakers :-)

Zoechaos said...

I do struggle a bit with bright colours your backgrounds here are wonderful. x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh yes, there's no doubt colour affects our mood, which makes me worry a little at how I mostly steer clear of brights in my crafting... but I guess there are different ways of being happy! I love seeing them in action when other people use them - and these two cards are great. The rainbow ombre on the first is inky-licious, and I love the fresh ocean turquoises on the second... I wish I could dive straight in!
Alison x

Neet said...

Love your brightly coloured card Cath and yes, I do think colour reflects our mood. I remember discussing this with my teacher when doing A level art - he must have made an impression on me it was so very long ago and I still remember. I remember the painting too. I like the hot colours down the left side contrasting with the cool ones on the right. Obviously I like the typewriter and I must try to remember "your life is a story ... edit often" - wise words.
Every time I have seen this stamp used, by Inkylicious, I think I must get it and each time I buy from them I forget. I think it is you who has made me want this stamp in the past and I like how you used it here. A lovely little girl image and uplifting words - hope it worked for your friend.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love these bright colours - great quotes too! I hope you friend is cheered up with this beautiful card! Chrisx