'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 4 May 2020

I'm really honoured to have been invited to create for the Designer Spotlight for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge during the month of May. 
I'm 'chuffed' to be a small part of one of my favourite challenges.
So, without further ado, today is Monday and that means...


SPRITZ and SPLATTER
featuring PAPERARTSY STAMPS

I love Paperartsy stamps, and especially Zinski Art, so these stamps were a delight to play with 😁

When I looked at the images, I decided they would make the perfect card for my younger son's birthday. He's a bit of a party animal - loves a reason to celebrate with his friends - and because these little peeps look as if they're in Fancy Dress, I decided to go with that idea. I knew his little girl would love them, too.

I started by sponging my favourite colour combination of Distress Oxides - Peacock Feather, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet - onto a piece of 6x6 white card, which was then spritzed and sprayed with water, tilting so the inks merged more and blotting off with kitchen towel until I achieved that wonderful variegated oxidised effect I love so much. 

It was fun stamping, colouring (with soft pencils) and fussy cutting the mice from Zinski Art 44 and 45. These images are just so much fun to play with 😆 because they are such happy little creatures. (The small bird on a signpost stamp is from one of Paperartsy's very early stamp sets.) Once arranged on my card I thought about how to create a scene with them. 

Having decided they would all be arriving for my son's usual, annual celebration, I added a bit more Peacock Feather ink to the base of the card, just for differentiation, then stamped the 'ground' and the side edges with Ellen Vargo Eclectica3 stamps, using Versafine Onyx Black ink and Clear embossing powder.

Next, I edged each fussy cut character with a thick permanent black ink marker, then glued them in place. A little definition was added around the images by picking up some smooshed Peacock Feather ink with a paintbrush. 

 
(Love the little guy flying in by balloon power 😉)

Having found a tiny 'Happy Birthday' stamp for the signpost, I then needed some party words, so I decided to use die cut lettering for the word Party and found a 'Let's' stamp in my stash. 

All that remained was to splatter the whole card with 'confetti', so I added a little of each matching colour of Dylusions Paint to my glass mat, then splattered with my trusty fan brush.

I hope you'll join the Challenge Fun!
You have until Monday 8am, Ohio time, 1pm UK time, and 2pm CET to add your link.
You can also join in on Instagram.

Supply List

Linking to 

Thank you for calling in today - it's a pleasure to have you here.
God bless you and keep you safe in this very strange time
Till next time...
Cath
xxx

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh Cath! How brilliant - Congratulations! I was on my way for a catch up and here you are at the top of my side bar!! I love those mice and of course you know I love these colours! Well done for all the fussy cutting! A truly fabulous card and lots of inspiration to get me started! Hugs, Chrisx
ps..now for a catch up!!!!!

María said...

This card is super funny and those mice are awesome they have a lot of little details that make them very special, I love the background you've made.

I cannot wait to see all the projects you've are going to show us this month at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, congratulations!!!!. María, xx.

Lorraine A said...

How cute is this!! I am a big fan of Zinski Art too, the quirky designs are just hilarious!! I would love to be invited to this party!! haha the whole design is just so fun and fabulous!!

Thanks so much XXX :-)
Hope you have a great week! Stay Safe XX
luv
Lols x x x

Caty said...

Congratulations Cath !! Your page is really Amazing, I love the little mice, beautiful stamps. And I love the lovely colours of the background. Stunning !
I wish you a very nice new week, stay safe and well.
Big hugs, Caty

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats Cath. Card number one is so much fun! Those Zinski mice are lots of fun! You wuse them well my friend. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

Isn't this just such fun Cath and it's bound to make the recipient smile and brighten their day, a perfect showcase for your GDT spot.

Thank you so much for sharing your pretty creation and joining in our 'Men and Boys' theme at Penny Black and More May challenge.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations and brilliant card -love the fabulous inky background and love the quirky mice stamps
Carol x

Linda Kunsman said...

congrats on your SSS feature!! Absolutely delightful card, and the background is fab!

Maura said...

Cath, welcome aboard! Your card is just delightful! It really brought a smile to my face! Love the images and beautiful colors. Be well, Maura

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations Cath and your first make is amazing! I'm loving those cute mice and the spritzed and spattered background is gorgeous 😁. Happy May! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

atouscrap said...

Those mice are so cool and you made a great job, as usual.

Miriam said...

Wonderful project. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Country View Challenges.

Words and Pictures said...

It's brilliant to see you in the Spotlight over at SSS, and your Zinski meeces are a treat - brilliant colouring to create a party full of life and fun.
Alison x

Neet said...

I'ver never seen anyone make backgrounds like you do Cath. This is pure beauty. Not correct grammar but you know what I mean. You use the perfect colours, you use them in such a way that they work - you oxidise like no-one else can I am sure.
Love the way you have used the little mice, you have used them to blend in with your background by using the same colours but blocking them against that background. Your son must have been truly delighted just as the friends are when they receive one of your cards.
Lots of Love
Neet xxx

Mervi said...

Cute artsy mice, fabulous background, very unique card!
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

fliki said...

This is amazing!!! A unique card.
Thank you for joining us at Challenge Up Your Life.

fliki

fliki said...

This is amazing!!! You must have put so much work into this!
Thank you for joining us at Challenge Up Your Life.

fliki

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x