'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 19 July 2019

Popping in to meet the deadline - AGAIN! Sorry.
Here's my CAS sheep, which also fits a couple of other challenges...I'll be back to edit once I've entered the Allsorts Challenge.


I'm also playing along with the following challenges:
SSS MONDAY, Animal Magic
Country View Challenges, Blue and Green
and I was going to join the Alphabet Challenge's Bags and Hats challenge, but they JUST posted a new one, so I'll aim for that one...😁

In keeping with the Try it on Tuesday Colours of the Rainbow challenge, I made this... so I can also play along with
Seize the Birthday's Rainbow challenge.

I used part of a watercolour stripe stencil for the rainbow colours and Oxides for the colouring as well as for the stripes... I love silly birds and the idea of these showing off on the back of the poor bird at the bottom just makes me giggle - he really looks as if his eyes are closed and he's really struggling to hold the weight of them all!
For some reason, the wider margins of the white card it's mounted onto aren't showing up - sorry. It isn't just a red card...so I added a (non existent) border.

I'm also playing with Stamping Sensations' The Earth Laughs in Flowers challenge with this one, with
Watercooler Wednesday's Masculine ATG and with Simon Says Stamp Mondays, Make your own Background.
I love these Lavinia blooms and I think the pretty pastel colours will work for the Penny Black and More Summer Colours challenge, too... the raindrops are proof I have the great British Summer in mind! The background is stencilled with a mesh stencil...
Thank you so much for calling in today

Back soon...

Cath
xxx

23 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Ha-ha! That quote made me smile. As well as the sheep lady. I've thought about getting these stamps and I think I should. All the art from them is so much fun. Great card Cath! Happy almost weekend. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

What fun Kath, the top card and particularly the sentiment really brought a smile to my face and I can think of a good few friends who that would be prefect for.

And yes I can see whay the birdie makes you smile and like how you used inks to give the rainbow effect down the side, a unique and very imaginative design. And of course the last one ticks all my boxes, inkiness and trees and a super background.

Lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations again, thanks as always for joining in.

B x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my, so much here to comment on! All 3 cards are so pretty, cute, funny. My fave though is the last one, whatever you did to color in the flowers is so eye-catching, sort of looks like those plastic beads you can melt together, at first I thought you'd glued them on! Then I looked up close, but it really makes them look dimensional, 3D! And also your raindrops! Lottsa doodling on that card? Definitely made me SMILE and I believe I will have a great day! Thanks! Very best wishes for Same to you! XOXOX

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Dear Cath,
Many thanks so much for coming over and letting me know I’d won top five. Very kind of you!
And love your birdee card a real pick me up and cheery one, well done. 😊

Have joined your blog too as your latest follower, so appreciate you.❤️
Thanks for being a blessing, God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Mrs.B said...

Love your sheep lady in her hat, such fun, especially with that quote.
The rainbow birds are such fun and a great idea with the border. The raindrops looks fabulous against your background and the flowers look amazing, love the card.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Cath these are fab, I especially love the quote on the first. I know a few that could benefit from that one hee hee!! My fav is the rainbow birds, such a lovely design, bright and cheery. So nice to see you've had creative time, i'm a little envious but we all have these times I keep being told.
Keep em coming Cath.. Have a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

María said...

Those two first card are so funny and full of colour, and about the third one I'm in love with that background, it's beautiful and green is one of my favourite colours so it's perfect. Hugs, María.

hazel said...

Brilliant cards Cath, the sheep made me chuckle with the great quote, I love the colourful birdie one and the green one is fab - it’s my favourite colour. Have a lovely weekend.
xxx Hazel.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You make such wonderful cards, Cath. Fun, funny, joyous, and MAILABLE. You put so much into each card from the focal image to the quote or sentiment. These three, all so different, are wonderful.

Karen Brown said...

Your Rainbow Bird card makes me smile! The male recipient is sure to love it too. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Tristan said...

Great trio of cards Cath. That sentiment on the first made me snort into my coffee! I love the rainbow edge on the card for our challenge - those birds look so happy. Thanks for playing with us this week at the Watercooler wednesday Challenge. Tristan DT.

Anonymous said...

funny, cute and colourful cards; all are fabulous! thank you so much for playing along with the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Maria Rodriguez. said...

A fabulous trio of cards, your entry to RETRO RUBBER is awesome, love those colorful "Bird-day" Birds.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Joan said...

Love all your cards Cath, the silly sheep is favourite of mine and what a fab
sentiment too! The rainbow card is lovely and of course the fab inky one with those fab flowers is ideal for our challenge

Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations

Joan

Craftyfield said...

So funny... love the sentiment with that sheepish image! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ! thank you for joining in with my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie xx

froebelsternchen said...

They are all so beautiful and each one is absolutely unique! GORGEOUS!!!
Happy new week Cath!
Susi xxx

Created by Kath said...

All 3 cards are great! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges-Masculine Anything Goes!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous cards Cath! I especially love the birdie one! Hugs, Chrisx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic fun journal pages Cath and I do love the quote you added. It looks like you had a lot of inky fun creating thiese pages.
Yvonne xx

TaeEun said...

What fun birthday cards! Love the images and sentiments of the first two cards!!! The third card with a mixed media look is so unique and artsy! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Monika Gulyas said...

This card is fantastic!!! I love the design, the colours!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m