'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 12 July 2019

Just popping in to add my card for Allsorts' Summer Fun/Sport challenge...
There are a lot of Summer challenges around, so I'm playing with some of these, too.

Just Add Ink, Just add the Season
Moo Mania & More, Summer holidays

I stamped the lovely ladies stamp, stamped again, cut out and masked before stamping the stone wall stamp...it looks a little bit (ahem) too high...but maybe they're feeling daring, lol. I then played around with the sky and a sun and rays stencil, which didn't work out the way I wanted it to, so I added more colour, ending with a sketchy, mixed sky and added the words over the sun 😊
Thank you for calling in today...

See you soon!

Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great vintage ladies and lovely colors in this.

Rosie said...

A wonderful card, dear Cath.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Have a nice weekend

brenda said...

A super summery card Cath, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts (sorry short and sweet bad back, can't sit at computer more than few minutes).

B x

craftytrog said...

Love those beach babes! Great card Cath! X

Gillena Cox said...

lovely summer card


Much🎨❤🎨love

Kathleen said...

Lovely background and super colours, great images. Thank you for joining our 'Sumer Fun' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

My name is Erika. said...

I hope this card means you are finally getting summer weather Cath. I like these vintage ladies in their bathing suits. It's hot enough here for them to go in for a swim. Great card, especially for July. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm always impressed with your stamping and coloring, Cath. This card is amazing. Simply stunning.

froebelsternchen said...

I love this delicate image -- you always have such stunning design Cath! It's simply gorgeous and the coloration is supreb here! Happy weekend and thank you so much for your support of Moo Mania & Moo! Much appreciated!
Big, big hugs, Susi

Chantell Randall said...

Love it! I think the height of the wall is perfect for this wonderful image. A fun card. Chantell Just Add Ink

hazel said...

A beautiful card Cath. Have a lovely day.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

They look young enough to have managed to sit on that wall Cath. No bad backs like you and I there LOL.
Love the stamp you have used, what a fabulous array of young ladies and I always love my brick wall stamp but this one is so different, and great. Love the colour you used for it.
Well, if you had problems with the sky it certainly doesn't show. A fabulous card again Cath.
Hugs, Neet xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a great image Cath! Love your fun summery take on this weeks Just Add Ink challenge. Thanks for sharing.

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Sue said...

This is fabulous Cath, they make me think of the sea wall at the coast though it would be far too high for me to sit on lol. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cath, first, thanks so much for the lovely sample make of this stamp for my files! haha Yes, I do have THIS 100 Proof Press stamp (if not the Splatter Circle one ugh ugh ugh) and your little scene here with the bathing beauties is lovely indeed. They are just mega risk-takers being up there so high, in order so that the boys will see them and come rescue them! haha XOX

Angela said...

This is really a great card.♥
Thanks a lot for joining us at our Summer challenge by
Sweet Stampers Challenge
Hope to see you again.
Hugs and greetings Angela DT