'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Good morning - oops, afternoon, girls...thought I'd shock you with another quick post today.

There's a great Blue and Green challenge over at Country View Challenges this month and there WAS a 'You're so Punny' challenge at Shopping Your Stash, but I missed that one :-(  Maybe next time...  Meantime, Time Out's 'Be Funny' challenge is still running (I hope...) so I'll play along with them.

So here's another Splatter background card... this time I brayered the stamp with Versafine Clair inks, using it as a Gelliplate...I then brayered it with a textured roller on my trusty Fiskar's brayer...I LOVE this and was so sad when they discontinued these fab brayers. They are perfectly weighted for a really smooth finish and their 6" size means they cover a bigger area, making them altogether MUCH easier to use 😊 With the 'punny' challenge in mind, I used the two colours as grass and sky... stamped one of my favourite Katzelcraft images, stamped and cut out on white card, gluing over the top, and simply added the words...another stamp I really LOVE! It looks as if I didn't position it straight on the mount, though - that's another reason why I prefer rubber, but clear stamps ARE much easier to use when it comes to words... it will do. I think I'll send this to my lovely little grandaughter! 


I'm also playing with A Place to Start's ATG, Moo Mania and More, who are challenging us to use animals, Send a Smile for Kids ATG for teens and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge's ATG.


Thank you for calling in again...


See you soon


Cath x

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I like that proud and happy cow! Great card Cath. Hugs Erika

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image and great sentiment-love the splatter background
Carol x

Sue said...

Oh I love this Kath, what a gorgeous background you've given your happy cow. I love these stamps so much that they're over on my blog today too lol. Thanks so much for joining in with us again at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Rosie said...

A wonderful card, Cath

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE that background and that wonderful fun, happy dancing cow. A wonderful card. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm confused, Cath. That splatter pattern was done with a BRAYER? It is a beautiful card and the cow is adorable. I can't believe you think the words are not straight. Goodness, I'd hate for you to critique my work. Yours is practically PERFECT.

Neet said...

I love how you have done that background - guess who will be talking to you for the 'know how' to do it? Love the two colours together and that cow is amazing.
Your DGD will absolutely love this. What a lucky girl having such a talented gran.
Hugs, your lucky friend Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous Cath ! A hilarious card is this !WOW! This is amazing! Thank you so very much for joining in at Moo Mania & More! Much appreciated! Susi xxx

Lynn said...

Love how confident the cow is! So fun!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous card! The background looks fabulous with the image you chose, it looks so joyful 😁. I'm sure your little granddaughter will love it too! Wishing you a happy Friday and Weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your background and the fun loving cow you stamped on it. Thanks for your visit and blessings!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Just adorable and your granddaughter is sure to love it. I've finally figured out, you are either using a stamp or a stencil to make those awesome splattered circle backgrounds. Would love to know who makes it! xoxo

sandie said...

Congrats for getting Honours at Time Out x

Becca Sadler said...

Cath: this of course is a udderly fantastic encouragement card! Thanks for linking to APTS blog's July challenge month! Becca/DT

Corrie Herriman said...

I love this cow too ! fab ! thank you for joining in with my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie xx

Chana Malkah said...

This card put a smile on my face! Love the image and you gave it a beautiful treatment! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner Designer
A Place To Start Challenge Blog

Evelyn Walter said...

This is such a fun card, Cath! I love this funny cow and the sentiment! Your background is perfect for it!
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at Country View Challenges this month!
Evelyn xx

Ellie Knol said...

I LOVE your card... is the background with the splatters a stamp?