'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 8 February 2020

Hello!
I'm currently in the middle of a total reorganisation of my craft room, clearing out loads of things that would be treasures to someone else (sets of inkpads, etc) but I haven't used them for years and they're just taking up much needed space. It's hard to let some of it go 😊😖 

Today, I'm sharing a small book type creation - 4" x 3" - so it's a card with a couple of pages, really, 😉 (a booklet?) made from some die cuts I had in my box. I used Aall and Create florals and words (all but one) on it and stuck to two colours - Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio (Oxides) - one of the colour combinations I really like. The backgrounds are made by smooshing the inks, then spraying copious amounts of water and letting the inks drip.  All stamps are clear embossed Versafine. 
It only has three pages with front and back covers, both of which are doubled up.
It's a great little die. Although it has the spaces for a coil, I decided to glue the pages along the edge, then remembered these alternative paper clips - Supaclips - I bought years ago (still available). The purple shade was just right for the colous, so I used three of them to hold the pages together more firmly. The covers are dry embossed, as you'll see from the first page photo.
 
 
There's a bit of stencilling on this page, plus some text.
More stencilling (Brilliance Moonlight White) and stamping
Some of the flowers have been layered
Background stamping and more stencilling - words on the right unknown
Coloured with Prisma Pencils
A little stamping on this - and white gel pen 
The back cover
Can't remember where this stamp came from!
I used to make a lot of mini books and really enjoyed making this, so you may see more in the next few months... 

I'm linking this to
Allsorts, Add a heart
Simon Says Stamp Mondays, A Floral Frenzy
Mix it up, ATG, optional stencilling

Glad you called  in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a stunning journal! I love the pretty blooms and the colour palette you used - amazing 😁. The purple clips were a such a great idea and perfect to bind all the pages together! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Linby said...

Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Ellibelle said...

So creative with these pretty colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellibelle's Corner

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was blown away by all these flowers. They certainly have me wishing for spring and the beauty you have created. So many wonderful techniques, too. This was truly a fun tiny journal, and I really love how you put it all together using the purple clips, too.

froebelsternchen said...

OMG Cath this flowers are simply amazing! What a fantastic journal!
I am blown away by your fantastic art!

Happy weekend!
Susi

Kathleen said...

A gorgeous mix of colours and some lovely images too. Thank you for joining our 'Heart' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

My name is Erika. said...

Oh this is really a gorgeous booklet. I love the flower theme and the greens and purples. And good luck with your cleaning. I REALLY need to do the same, but your words of taking up much needed space is very true. I am hoping this summer once I retire- well add that to a big list of things that really need to be done. It is hard to get rid of some old things though, for all kinds of reasons. Hope it goes well. and happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

María said...

Wow this mini book is gorgeous, I love it, a great combination of colours and beautiful stamps and textures, thanks for sharing it. Hugs, María.

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath. There is so much going in in the post. Loves of beauties to feast the eyes on. Have a great Sunday.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous little journal and pages love all the stamps and colours you used.I started reorganising my craft room Wednesday after-noon lost momentum and energy and it's still half done but have given a large bagful of stuff away sold quite a few stamps on FB already and a load of ribbon ready to post off tomorrow-not that you can tell !!!
Carol x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I feel your pain with the sort out Cath, i'm trying to do the same but when I find things i'd forgotten it's like two steps forward & one step back whether it's usable or not. You've created a super little book, those clips look very handy to keep your beautiful work altogether or to add another page in this handy sized booklet. When things like this are created it's worth having a sort out.. Wishing you a super creative week & good luck with that sort out Hugs Tracey xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely little booklet Cath, love your colour choice, it works so well with these stamps.
Avril xx

brenda said...

Just beautiful Cath, lovely for our Allsorts theme, sorry I'm late, just venturing back after second op screen rest.

B x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful pages Cath! I have all sorts of paper to use up, maybe a little book or two would use some up! Hugs, Chrisx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This looks great Cath. I find it quite hard sticking to one colour but you've done a superb job x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cath, great good luck on the purging. Your little booklet is adorable and all the stamping and layering is perfect. Those clips have me fascinated as I'm wondering how the heck you open them without a fulcrum/lever. So I Googled and watched a youtube. aHA! You have a dispenser! Ok then, very cool. XOX

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining in The ARtistic Stamper Creative Challenge