'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Good Morning 😊
It's Tuesday and it's time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday
For the next two weeks, we're looking for your creations with the theme of
Share the Love
Even those of us who don't have a significant 'other' in our life know people who celebrate Anniversaries, get married or engaged - and we have friends we care about, so this challenge is all about celebrating the relationships that matter to us. In the UK, Valentine's cards are only really shared between couples, but I know that elsewhere in the world, you also send them to friends...

I made a simple card, using an old Stampendous stamp I love, but only seem to pull out at this time of year, which is a shame, really. 

I stamped in the centre of a 5.5 x 5.5 white card in Versamark ink, then added white Embossing powder and heat set. Using Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxides, I dragged them over my non stick mat, sprayed with water, then smooshed by dragging the card through it. I let it dry and added more water a couple of times, then left it to dry. Next, I stamped and embossed the larger heart onto a white scrap, coloured it, cut it out and attached over the original image, added some white doodling and colouring, then stamped and embossed in white on a scrap of the pink card I'd chosen for my next layer and attached bottom right. I love the way the pink and blue mingled and created a lovely shade of purple. Looking at it now, I think that colouring a couple of the smaller hearts in the same colour as the large one would be nice...as would a few pearls or gems (not usually my style, but I think they'd work with this stamp.)
 I do hope you'll join us and please do pop over to the blog to see my team mates' wonderful creations...they are all SO talented!

I'm linking this to 
Make My Monday, I heart You
Dare 2B Artzy, Love is in the Air

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

21 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

The white embossed image really gives such beautiful and subtle details to this card Cath. What a super idea. You really created a lovely card. Hope all is going well. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Saw this on my Bloglovin' notification email and just had to see how to do that gorgeous background. What a delightful surprise to find it was by you. I absolutely love this card. But "dang" now I cannot do that background (well a poor imitation no doubt) of this as it is for the group.
Absolutely gorgeous!Hugs, Neet xx

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Linda Kunsman said...

this is such a beautiful card Cath. I love the soft, flowing colors in the background!

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful Cath!
Hugs Susi

María said...

That background is awesome and the colours are perfect, great combination. I love it. María, xx

meg said...

a beautiful romantic background, thank you for joining in at MMM.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely subtle background even though you used strong colours, and the white embossed image is so pretty. To me it's perfect the way it is.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a stunning card! The stamp, oxide smooshing, white embossing and adornments are perfect - I love it 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous inspiration card for our new TioT theme Cath. It is fabulous.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card love the smooshed background and white embossing
Carol x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lots of inky loveliness going on here and the white embossing looks perfect against the pretty colours that you've used. I also like how you've just picked out the heart and sentiment in vibrant pink, it works really well. Thank you for joining us in our 'Feminine' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

theras kartenblog said...

I like your card and I like the colours so much.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge.
Happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)

DVArtist said...

Wow Cath this is simply gorgeous. Yes it is about celebrating relationships of any kind.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an absolutely STUNNING card. Quite extraordinary and unique, the white EP made all the difference. It's a beauty indeed, Cath.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Really beautiful card Cath! I love the colours and they look so good with the white embossing! Hugs, Chrisx

pinky said...

What a beautiful display Cath! I love your chosen colours and you have captured so much tiny details that make it so pleasing to the eye. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is really beautiful Cath, colours I rarely use all working in harmony just dancing on the page. White embossing always brings out new dimensions in our work, even though that stamp only comes out to play around this time of year it shows itself off with a bang!! I think the heart has just the right amount of colour without taking away the glory of the backgound. I Love it. Hugs Tracey x

Anke said...

WOW Cath I love your card and the colours ... absolutely stunning, fantastic work.

Hugs
Anke

Wei said...

Such a gorgeous creation with the inky background. Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Cath, I've missed coming to visit, still trying to catch up after the wedding. That is some stamp, I agree! I love the background you made and all of the elements you layered on. Very sweet, xoxo