'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Good Morning!
It's Tuesday and that means a new challenge over at Try it on Tuesday. Our new theme for the next two weeks is 'Go Green or Recycle'. 

For my first project, I went with greens for this simple card. I just smooshed some Oxides onto my craft mat, using Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover and Pine Needles Distress Oxides, gradually adding colour to my card until the effect was 'interesting' enough. I also tilted it a few times to encourage the inks to drip. The gorgeous leaves were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, then coloured with the same inks and with Prisma Pencils. 

Finally, I added and clear embossed the words, mounting the panel onto black, then green and finally onto white. I used Delicata Gold reinker to spatter, having already dripped and dried (with the heat tool) some water on the panel. I love the way the water splashes show up negatively, adding so much extra interest to a simple background. I also love the way the hues separate into other shades, looking blue in parts. 
A very simple card, but also very calming, I think...
Please go to see what the other DT members have done with this. I always enjoy seeing the variety in our creations.
I'll be back with a second project next week, this time I'm recycling.
Linking to
Country View Crafts, Splatters, Splashes and Drips
and 
Alphabet Challenge, W for Anything you Wish

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

A gorgeous card Cath!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how mottled those oxides come out when you use that technique. I've never used or even seen oxides, but I sure like what you did. I also like the gold splatters you got from that reinker. This is lovely for TioT.

brenda said...

Just beautiful Cath.

B x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! It's such a peaceful design with the pretty green background and leaves - perfect 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

Beautiful card!

Meggymay said...

A lovely background for your beautiful card Cath, you use super sentiments as well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful green piece Cath. Love the quote! I makes me think of the nice weather we have coming-one of these days. Maybe? Hope you are having a great start to your week. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

I love your green card

María said...

I love this card, fantastic background and the sentiment is beautiful. Hugs, María.

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Cath, the colour and image is just perfect with the quote.
Avrilxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's a beautiful card Cath. Love how you made the fabulous rich green background! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

Lovely colour. The Oxides you used have fused together beautifully to create this background which is lovely with its drips and variations that Oxides can give.
Lovely leaves and one of my favourite quotes.
Hugs, Neet xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great monochrome card-you got me at green anyway -my favourite colour but funnily enough hardly use it on my cards!Love the embossed stamps and water splatters
Carol x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Cath, and what a wonderful quote! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Cath this is fabulous, lovely way of using stash up.xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous card, Cath. The greens variations you get in the background is amazing to me. Yes, quite calming... XOX

Evelyn Walter said...

This is beautiful, Cath! I love the sentiment!
Thank you for playing with our February challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Evelyn xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There's something very dynamic about one colour cards, like the reverse of a CAS card, with the outline of the stamped leaves and quote your so right about those water splashes. Green is such a refreshing colour and yes calming too. I think we are all looking forward to seeing lots of green around us if we are lucky enough to get some Spring.
Thanks for sharing Cath & so sorry i'm very very late.. Hugs TRacey xx