'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 11 October 2020

 Hi all.

I hope you're enjoying the Autumn sunshine where you are. It's so bright and sunny here, and it can be deceiving, fooling you into thinking it's warm until you get outside and feel that sharp wind...brrr! 

My crafting and browsing time have been seriously curtailed of late, due to spinal problems, but I finally managed to finish this little concertina that I've been working on for around 10 days - very unlike me. I only had the cover to finish early in the week, but it's taken me until now to get around it it 😉

I wasn't going to get embroiled in Autumn colours and images, but how can you resist? Especially when I've just set this month's Mingle, or challenge on KCUK and chosen Autumn Glory! This isn't what I'm using, because the additional challenge is to make tall cards or tags and this certainly isn't that...

I used Crackling Campfire, Toasted Marmalade, Fossilised Amber, Aged Mahogany and Walnut Ink Oxides, smooshed for the most part, but sponged on the cover, and Versafine inks for stamping the images. I did take lots of photos, but I've just checked them and the colours are very washed out, so I'm showing you the scans.

Here's the cover...using Aall and Create stamps, Prisma pencils and gel pens. It's just over 3.75" square.


This is a photo of the inside before I decided to cut it up and use a black concertina for the backdrop.
It's also before I added some of the detail and more stencilling/shading.
Pages 1&2
Pages 3 & 4

Some of the wording is handwritten and not as well done as I'd have liked. I stamped, coloured and cut out the dragonfly and the flutterby, edging with black ink as usual, then glued over the top of the previously stamped and embossed images. The tree is from Visible Image. I enjoyed really mixing up the colours and adding more on top to change what was underneath. I had hoped to use a real nib for the flutterby, but the image is way too big for the nibs I have in my stash.

This is one I made a while ago, using Brushos over a white embossed floral background. It's on watercolour paper, so I went back in with a little pencil shading. An easy, quick card to make.


Linking to 
Stinking Inkers, Shades of Fall
Crafty Gals Corner, Fall Colours
Sweet Stampers, Autumn or Halloween
Try it on Tuesday, Autumn Colours
Do-Al(l) Kreatives, Creative Backgrounds

I'll be back soon. I still have other things to share and I'm hoping to get into my craft room again this week, all being well.
Thanks for calling in
Stay safe and well
Cath
xxx

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath I am sorry to hear you are having spine problems. Here is some healing energy for you. As for your art it is truly lovely. Your colors bring out life and joy. Take it easy and care for yourself.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Kath, I hope you feel better soon!
This concertina is a delight to see! I love those different shades of orange and each little page looks fabulous.
The butterfly is a real beauty!
Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.

Love the white embossed card - I hardly ever white emboss so thanks for the shove.

Take care and stay safe, Hugs, Chrisx

Joan said...

Hope you feel better soon .I love the brushos over white embossing, havent tried that, must give it a go. I've managed a bit of time in the gardem despite the cold wind ,got my pots planted up with Violas but I did get caught by a sleet downpour yesyerday afternoon !


Joan

My name is Erika. said...

All your autumn colors are just lovely Cath. I forgot about white embossing and then water based inks or things like Brushos. It looks super. And your concertina book is great. I like seeing the stamps so bold on each page. I'd say you have gotten into an autumn mode. Hope you can enjoy it without so much cold wind. Hugs-Erika

Billie A said...

Awesome. Great colors and love it. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner (this would be great for create your own background over at Do-Al (l)Kreative.)

brenda said...

The Brusho's with the white EP is so effective Cath, reminds me of fireworks lighting the night sky.

But it's your concertina creation that really draws me, a perfect contrast of colours and so much interest. I managed to nab a crackling campfire oxide, but on a long wait list for speckled egg.

Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque October challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Mean to also say, rest that back, know it's frustrating when we have crafty ideas floating around, but they can wait.

B x

Darlene said...

OH WOW these are amazing and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

María said...

I hope you feel better soon!.
Beautiful concertina, the colour combination is perfect and every page is stunning. Great job.
María, xx

Anita van Deur said...

Hi Cath, I had become curious who had written so nicely on my blog. I had a look at your craft work.
And wow it is fantastic.
You play with colors and they blend well with each other. I absolutely love your butterfly and dragonfly. So sorry to hear about your back, hope you will feel better soon.
Take care x

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful with these gorgeous colors and wonderful images!
I'm sorry to hear about your back issues, hope you do feel better soon and glad you were able to get to the craft room to finish these.
Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about Autumn or Anything Goes!
Ellibelle's Corner

Kuni said...

Such a fantastic card, love the colors.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Neet said...

I knew there was something wrong with you. Been meaning to get in touch and enquire. Sorry now I didn't. Will email.
This is absolutely beautiful - your book. You. know how I love your backgrounds and this is fantastic colours - we both like autumnal colours don't we - you have spurred me on to getting some Crackling Campfire - ordered now. Love the dragonfly - the turquoise looks fabulous against that background as does the butterfly and I adore that tree.
The Brusho card is certainly very different and would make a great card for Congratulations or something like that as it reminds me of an explosion of fireworks. What a great idea and I guess you can change it with the embossing folder that you choose to use.
Hope you start to feel a bit better.
Hugs, Neet xx

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear you are having spine problems and hope it eases soon.LOve the white embossing against the Brusho background very dramatic-but WOW fabulous little book -brilliant backgrounds,Autumn colours and great selection of stamps.
Carol x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and beautiful creations, love the colours and stamps.
Thank you for joining us at the We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge;-))m

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. this just awesome! What fab design! I really like it...

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gorgeous colors for the background and love the embossing of the stamped images. Very pretty. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

Anke said...

Oh Cath your book is so beautiful and the card is fantastic.

All the best for you.

Hugs
Anke