'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 27 October 2020

 Nearly two weeks since I last posted...anyone would think I wasn't stamping, but I am 😁 albeit a little more slowly than usual!

I'm here to post a mini-book I made for a friend a little while ago. I really went off making cards for a while and spent my time making pages to make into books - and will soon be doing more! In what seems like the distant past, I made a lot of small booklet/mini-book type projects for workshops. I suppose they're my first love, if I'm honest. This was the second I made in early August. I had a recipient in mind from the beginning, which isn't always how I create... but I wanted it to be specially for her.

I didn't post earlier because this was when I first used that gorgeous colour combination I used again for my next little book. It evolved as it progressed. I had intended making a tallish concertina book, but because I'm using thicker card, the folds cracked, so it became a sewn signature book. Then I kept changing the cover shape and size, so had to add more pages to cover the folded cover...but I was really happy with the way it turned out and I know it brought a smile to her face, which is what matters most, isn't it?

So, using Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feather and Wilted Violet ink, I sponged the front and back of my long piece of card, splashed with water, then added background stamping, using Studio Light and other images. I stencilled a lot on this one, mainly using Moonlight White Brilliance Ink.

Book cover

 

Book opened, showing inner back cover and pages - 4, so 8 sides

 



 
Middle Inside Cover
 
Back Covers
 

It was a lovely size to work with, so I may do more like this - I also have slightly different versions and sizes of the covers for another two hanging around in my craft room. I kept changing my mind about what I wanted to do 😁
Next time, I may have a plan in mind when I begin! I'm sure it would help 😉

Linking to
Get Creative Challenges, Favourite Colour Combo 
All Fun Challenges, Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams, Spooky and/or Cute (def cute!)
We Love to Create, Anything Mixed Media Goes
Bastel-traum, Background
Mix it Up Challenge, Anything Goes/Optional Distressing
Crafting Happiness, Anything Goes
Friendship Challenge, Use a Sentiment (or lots?)
Do-Al(l) Creatives, Creative Background

Thank you so much for calling in... I've been such a BAD blog visitor lately - sorry!
Stay well and safe!
Back soon
Cath
xxx

16 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Great mini book and love all the fabulous page backgrounds -love all the little images and fun sentiments -definitely agree about the puddle one lol
Carol x

Neet said...

Of course Pineapple Queen had to feature, she is my favourite (Abs' favourite too so we are in good company because I think you have a soft spot for her) but then there are so many here that I love. Beautifully coloured and lovely text with each one.
Obviously I love your backgrounds, I always do, you are fabulous at backgrounds every time you do anything. Lovely tall book, so different from what you usually see people do.
Hope you start to feel better soon.
Hugs, Neet xx

theras kartenblog said...

Wow - that´s a great project! I like the sayings, the colours and the layout so much.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and all the best!
Ilse (thera)

DVArtist said...

I just love your art Cath. There is so much joy and fun in each little character. A lovely gift.

Doris Klein said...

Wow.. this is just awesome!!! I love the colours and the cute images! Fab work

Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

brenda said...

So nice to see you have been getting inky Cath, adore the colours and real fun images, all so girly and feminine and some really meaningful sentiments.

Now if you are really quick as it closed at noon you could link to: https://www.welovechocolatebaroque.uk/, would be a super entry......and the chance of a prize.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

A super little mini book Cath and I'm loving the colours! Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque xxxx

brenda said...

Me again Cath, you were quick off the mark, thanks so much and good luck.

B x

Kathleen said...

Some stunning backgrounds with super colours and lovely fun images and great sentiment, super creation.
Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at We love Chocolate Baroque.

Kath x

Ilonka said...

Such a beautfiul card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka

Creaine said...

Wow love this!!! Your project is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us on Dragonfly Dreams Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

María said...

Wow this mini book is gorgeous, those backgrounds are wonderful with that perfect colour combination and those stamps and sentiments are perfect for it. María, xx

Claudia said...

Hi Cath, oh this is awesome, you created this mini book with so much love and it looks perfect.

Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT bastel-traum challenge

Irmelin Eriksson said...

This is so awesome! Love the bright colors. Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

berucrafts said...

wow... this is really a stunning Mini Book... great color choice and super cute images... Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Ute
DT bastel-traum challenge

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous project, love the colours!
Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx