'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 1 October 2020

 Hello again 😊

Just catching up with more stuff, so I thought I'd post some smiles today. Sadly, I forgot to photograph my brother's birthday card before I sent it, because it was lots of fun, but I have a couple more to share.

This feels very much out of season now, though it wasn't when I made it... I really need to get my act together again re blogging - and stamping, for that matter, at the moment. I really love Janet Klein's little peeps and things, and this is just another set I was playing with. The background is Oxides and Aall & Create, plus some stencilling. This was my first playtime with Crackling Campfire. The wings are glittery - Wink of Stella.


I really should have cut the corners off this one but I was in a rush to get the card to a special friend because I was already a day late and it was a special one. A mutual friend had passed away the morning of her birthday, so I was crying while making this and really didn't dare cut in case I got it wrong and had to start again! It's one of my favourite JK sets... I just think it's so flippin cute! But I'm annoyed with myself for even using the octagonal dies...I would've liked it more on a plain square card 😉  Sadly, we don't often think 'normally' when upset.


I also made this for her because the friend was her brother-in-law...


I love this image, though once I'd stamped and coloured it, I didn't know what to do because I had nothing in mind at the time, so it just became a simple 'Make a Wish' card. It would have worked for my brother because he collects pigs - of the pottery variety 😁 -anddefinitely not pretty pigs.

This one is a non Autumn leafy card. I have a real weakness for leaves, I have to be honest, and I fell in love with this SU set, which is really easy to use. I sent this to my Swiss friend in France and she genuinely thought I'd bought it! I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult, lol. Love the way the colours turned out. That's the beauty of Oxides, you never know what you'll get when playing with water. I stamped the leaves, then teased out the colour with a damp paintbrush, so the inks oxidised as well as providing the leafy colour. I like the images because they're interesting shapes - a little bit different from the norm, even if they're quite small. The inks looked a little eucalyptus-ish when they dried. I hope I can replicate that colour because I love it.


I'd hate to count my leaf stamps and have to admit just how many I have 😉 I've only been collecting them for 22 years... and I've just ordered more! I really wasn't going to do any Autumnal stamping this year but I've just chosen the KCUK October theme and no prizes for guessing what I chose...!

It's October, so there are lots of new challenges around, but I haven't looked at many yet. I'm really out of the habit of browsing. 

I'll link to
Watercooler Wednesday, Anything Goes
Everybody Art Challenge, Monochrome (Greens)
Sweet Stampers, Things with Wings

I hope Covid figures aren't as bad where you are as they are here... they've announced new 'stricter' measures for us today, though they don't seem to be much different from what they already were, despite the fact that we're up to 212 per 100,000 compared with my brother's area, which is 25! I went to Tesco earlier, and, despite it now being illegal, I only found ONE member of staff wearing a face covering! I can't imagine why the figures are rising fast, can you? 

Thanks for calling in today
I'll be back soon
Stay safe and well!
Cath
xxx

9 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Those little peeps are lots of fun to play with. I haven't seen one of the fun flyers in the first card. It would be fun to fly around with the bees. Those little guys are cute too. And I also like Mrs. Piggy. I love the size of that image! And the cute little smiling face too. Glad to see you back with these playful cards. Happy October. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing cards and thanks so much for the smiles ...lol 😀. The pig caught my eye, such fun! Wishing you a wonderful October! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Neet said...

Where do we stand with regards to saying something out loud about people not wearing face masks? That needs reporting to the police if it is illegal. We have to stop hiding and start speaking out. Not that I ever go in a shop to do just that but would I if I did? That must have been so annoying for you. Hard when you want the shopping not to just walk out but who loses if you do!
Sorry, this mask thing annoys me so much, is it really asking too much to ask someone to wear one?
Anyway on to nicer things like your cards. You do the most delightful Janet Klein cards and these are two examples of what I mean. I like the hexagonal one and I am sure whoever got it would too. It is the little vest wearing one again, she is so cute.
As for the pig - well, who could fail to smile when they saw him. He is lovely and needs nothing else but himself peering out at you. Delightful.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps I must ring you, we need a chat

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards -love them all but must admit the pig is my favourite -the mask rule use and non use is quite a bone of contention at the moment
Carol x

Dawn T said...

What great cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Andrea said...

Nice card. thanks for joining us at EAC
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm loving those Janet Klein figures too - so easy to use!
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I too have lost one of my best friends to cancer, diagnosed and died within the month - life seems so unfair - we had made so many plans. It is so hard to concentrate still, maybe after the funeral! Family want us to attend as we have all been friends for years, didn't feel we could refuse even if we wanted to!
I love the pig card, we used to help out at a farm years ago and feeding the pigs was my favourite task - they were always so messily grateful! Take care, Chrisxx

Dreja said...

Ein tolles Werk. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der EAC.
LG Dreja