'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 15 December 2018

I hope you’re all much more organised than I am and ready – or almost – for a wonderful Christmas…

Just thought I’d post a few more Christmas cards I made, some using images from my stash.

I found a few of this gorgeous image, clear embossed and, as it was black and white, decided to follow that theme two different ways.

Black on white…

BW C 2

…and White on Black.

BW C 1

I must point out that the above background was stamped beautifully and the white embossing powder was perfect…until I dropped it on my knee and wiped half of it off Sad smile  I hastily added more, which led to flecks and an incomplete background, but I decided I quite like the imperfection Winking smile so I left it as it is.

Another image I found was this one, so I smooshed Oxides over it and stamped the border in Versafine grey, using PSX (how long have I had that then???) detail embossing powder.

There’s a ‘Joyful’ challenge at Time Out and an angel challenge at Moo Mania and More, so I’ll link to those.

ANGEL JOY

I needed cards for special friends, so I rooted out my Celtic Christmas stamps for this. I made another one with the candles, but I’m not happy with it…

CELTIC TREE 1

I have no idea where that white streak is from – hopefully it’s on the scanner bed!

One more simple offering, which actually looks much better in real life because the background is sponged with irridescent inks…

O HOLY NIGHT 2

I’ll link to the following challenges:-

Addicted to Stamps and More, Make Your Mark

SSS Wednesdays, Christmas

Colour Crazy, Anything Goes (colouring)

Allsorts, Christmas Trees

Thank you for popping in to visit…

See you soon

Cath

xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Rosie said...

Wow, what a bunch of gorgeous artwork, dear Cath.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Have a wonderful weekend

My name is Erika. said...

I also like the imperfection Cath. I wouldn't have noticed it until you mentioned it. I do hate it though when I drop things, or drop something onto something else and it leaves a mark, like on wet paint. Great cards. I really like the blue and purple card with the angel. It is full of joy. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love this selection of cards Cath, the black and white two look so classy..
I didn't notice any small faults until you said there were some. Don't be to critical with yourself they all look fabulous.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent Cath! What a wonderful array of cards - so beautiful and festive! You made us happy to link to Moo Mania & More my friend! Thank you very much!Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Susi

Joyce said...

Always a treat to come to comment on one card and see so many more. They are all beautiful. They all have such a unique and artsy look. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Kathleen said...

A lovely set of cards, love the background and the Celtic tree, super colours. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Tree' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful, well done Christmas cards. And I chuckled at your blog write up about the creation of them. They all look lovely, despite the mishaps with a few of them. Merry Christmas!

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful and creative cards with the wonderful stamps and inks, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week where it's all about Christmas trees!
Ellie

Gerrina said...

Sometimes imperfection makes the unique and original card you were looking for... Love what you did in black/white and in the colours too! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Macimbalo said...

Beautiful cards! I love your entry for ATSM - such pretty colors! Thanks for sharing over at ATSM!

Nandini said...

Really gorgeous cards! Love the colours and the techniques. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again in 2019. Nandini, DT