'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 9 December 2018

Just sharing a few cards I made this week…

I love Christmas and I love Christmas cards, but I make very few these days. This year I decided to make a few to send to family and special friends, so I dusted off my ‘C’ stamps, glitter and dies and made these.

O COME LET US ADORE HIM 1I used Weathered Wood over a tree stencil on this one and used an old Stampington cube to stamp some subtle background snowflakes, using Delicata Shimmer White, which you can’t see at all on the scan Sad smile so I took a photo to show some of it. The swirls are home made mica spray, to add sparkle and the star is glittered. Of course there are some white acrylic spatters, too.

O HOLY NIGHT 1

O HOLY NIGHT 1C BG STAMPING GLITTER

Once I’d made a few Christmas cards, I needed to kick back and do something for fun, so I grabbed a square of card from my ready cut basket and smooshed some Oxides in greys and pinks. I had no idea there was a Faux Batik image on that piece of card, so I was pleasantly surprised when my favourite fuchsia stamp appeared...and just added more stamping to complete it.

FB FUCHSIAS 3

CAS Watercolour have a Thank you challenge at the moment, so I made this…using embossing resist, to qualify for the CAS Mixup challenge. Not sure it’s very CAS, though… I used Inktense pencils for the wash.

EMBOSS RESIST THANKS

Words 2 Craft By have a Blessings Challenge, so thinking of that, I made the following two cards using backgrounds and images from my stash. I was too late for the challenge, drat Sad smile

SIMPLY BLESSED 1

BIRDIE THANX

There’s a ‘B for…’ Challenge at SSS Mondays and I’m also linking to the following challenges…

Addicted to Stamps and More, Anything Goes

Fussy and Fancy, Winter Christmas

Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday, Snowflakes, Snowmen or Winter

Moo Mania and More, Trees

Dare 2B Artsy, Winter

Fashionable Stamping, Winter

Back soon

Thank you so much for popping by…

Cath

xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Gina's Cards said...

Such a gorgeous collection of cards. Love the reindeer, wonderful papers and gorgeous design. Thank you for playing along at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Julia Aston said...

Goodness you have been busy creating lots of lovely cards! Your InkTense watercolored background over your white embossed sentiment is lovely! I like the mix of colors you used for the background! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

Mac Mable said...

What a treat with all these fabulous cards and it sure look like you had fun. The colours on your 'Thanks' card are so pretty and great job with the pencils.Great technique and thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

Meggymay said...

An awesome selection of cards Cath. Its good that you had fun when you had made the Christmas cards.
Yvonne xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful collection of cards, Cath! The thank-you card using the emboss resist technique is so soft and pretty! Love the colors you used and the way you colored the stripes. Thank you for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful assortment of cards! A lovely Nativity card and some gorgeous backgrounds! Love the stripes of color with the emboss resist! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Ellibelle said...

So many amazing creations, loving all the wonderful colors and the winter scene you entered for my Crafty Wednesday challenge looks stunning!
So nice to see you joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about snowflakes, snowmen or a winter wonderland. Hope you join in again soon!
Ellie

Loll said...

Beautiful array of cards Cath! Looks like you've been having fun and definitely must have inky fingers! :) I LOVE your thanks embossed resist watercoloured card with the rainbow colours. So bright and fun. Rainbows always make me feel good! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous selection of cards Cath, love the subtle background on the one for FSC and I can imagine it will shimmer.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping challenges, Avril xx

Neet said...

Great cards aa always Cath. I love the die of the nativity scene. I like both 'deer' cards but the bottom one is lovely and has a misty quality about it which appeals to me.
Great watercolour wash and fabulous lettering which is all it needs with that super background.
Love the mice and the birds - funnily enough my crazy birds have put in an appearance this week and I so enjoyed them - might even start some "C" cards for next year now.
Hugs, Neet xx

Hanne's Kartenstube said...

A very nice winterly card, I especially like the background.
Crafty Hugs and a peaceful Christmas.
Hanne