'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 26 April 2019

Good morning, peeps 😊 I hope you are well? 
I've been doing a lot of 'messing' in my craft room lately, with no finished items to show for it - maybe because I'm 'dabbling' in things I don't usually do, so it doesn't really seem to be coming together well. Or maybe I'm just in an ultra self critical mood at the moment - more likely, I think. I have a few things waiting to complete, though.

Anyway, I knew there was a 'Going Round in Circles' challenge at SSS Mondays, so I was playing with circles - which I love...this background is sponged with Cracked Pistachio, then stencilled with Pine Needles Oxides, over which are stamped coffee rings, with a bit of dotty stencilling in Gathered Twigs. I stamped the words and added the fussy cut and coloured image. I definitely need a good caffeine shot to get me going in a morning...I drink decaff for the rest of the day, but I savour those first few cups - every last drop -  of caffeine and am very grateful for  my Nespresso! I'm not sure the colours I used work as well as I'd hoped when put together. I'm lacking some of my favourite card colours because I use those colours so often. I really need to hunt for some good colours again!


I coloured these flower stamps with Neocolors, spritzing before stamping repeatedly over very lightly smooshed green inks, finishing off with a couple of the smaller flowers stamped in Versafine and an old words stamp. I love the way it turned out. I finished it off with a bit more sponging, using the ink that was left on the sponges, in Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean. I love the texture of the Neocolours when used like this - the images are slightly raised where there was more undiluted wax on the stamp.

SSS Wednesdays have an Anything Goes challenge, so I'll link to that.


April's Everybody Art Challenge has a Numbers theme, and there are lots of floral challenges around... so I'll link the following to 

Allsorts Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs challenge
Daring Cardmakers' Blooming Flowers
Moo Mania and More, Spring Fever
Ellibelle's Craft Wednesday Challenge, Wings, Tails and Blossoms

I stamped the image twice, cutting out the flowers, colouring and attaching them later, then added some stencilling, a little more stamping and the Dylusions words, doodling bits of white gel pen.


Thank you so much for visiting...

I'll be back soon

Cath
xxx

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

FANTASTIC cards Cath! Don't be critial - you create the most beautiful art with your stamps ALWAYS! I love the second one!!!
Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
Happy weekend
Susi xxx

brenda said...

I think I must be well tuned in to your style Cath as I just know from the thumbnail the link was going to come to your blog and sure enough another wonderful display awaits. All are great as always but the intensity of the third ticks all my boxes. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These may not be your favorite colors, but you are doing a wonderful job with what you have. I SO LOVE that image of the woman and her coffee. That is definitely me when I wake.

Your floral entries are incredible, too. You fussy cut SO well;. I'm in awe AND I'm here on time for once (grin)!

Meggymay said...

You are too critical on yourself Cath, these cards look fantastic. I really like that first one with the great quote. I can relate to that but I would be holding a cup of tea,
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful makes! I smiled when you said you are critical, me too and I always tend to find the pieces I don't really like everyone else in blogoand loves ...lol 😉. I'm loving your numbers and floral card, the colour pallette and images are gorgeous! I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend and enjoyed the weather, it's turned colder here and we seem to be having more rain than sunshine today (grin!). Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Ellibelle said...

These are all amazing. Love all the colors you used and such wonderful stamps!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

crafty-stamper said...

These are brilliant Cath all fabulous backgrounds and love the stamps -brilliant sentiment and gorgeous flowers on the last one
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

The lady in your first card made me smile. She reminds me of one of my aunts when I was younger. She liked her coffee and her morning smoke. And I think you are being self-critical for no reason. I get that way too though. I don't know what it is but maybe it makes us improve our art in the long run. Who knows. But your art today is looking great in my mind. Hope you have a fantastic weekend. hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Oh the 3rd one is my favourite

Much⚘love

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork. I love all of the quotes, especially the one on the last piece.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You really have been having great fun getting messy Cath, I'm grabbing any free time I have at the moment to keep me sane haa haa!! Love that first card, I open the door to the postie most mornings like that haa haa!! Beautiful creations, keep them coming there always a delight to see. Hugs Tracey xx

Rosie said...

Fatastic cards, Cath

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Neet said...

Oh Cath, you are too critical of yourself. You create the most beautiful cards and can turn your hand to any style and use any colours. Believe in yourself a bit more.
Three delightful cards, all different but each one a delight to look at and receive.
Hugs, Neet xx

Kathy said...

Your flower are Blooming Gorgeous! I love them
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers

Maura said...

Beautiful cards! I love the circles in your coffee card, and that definitely describes me! Thanks for sharing your circles with us at SImon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura

Mrs.B said...

I think you are being too critical of yourself - messing is good - even if it takes time to get the end result. I love the cards in this share, the coffee card is such fun and the background looks great. Gorgeous colours in the background for the purple stamped flowers and I love the pops of coloured flowers on the last one.
Have a great day, Avril xx

debby4000 said...

Such an amazing selection of cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
luv
Debby

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again as I am just catching up on more commenting and saw this beauty also at my Crafty Wednesday challenge.
TThank you so much for joining in there as well (in addition to Allsorts challenge). Hope to see you joining in again in May with the new theme posted on Wed. May 1st.

Ellie from
Ellibelle's Corner