'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 19 April 2019

What a beautiful day it is in NW UK for this very special day! 
I hope it's sunny, bright and cloudless wherever you are....it's amazing how a bit of warm sunshine changes the whole atmosphere 😉

I have more florals to share, so here's the first one... gorgeous cosmos blooms, with a subtle trellis (or barbed wire fence, depending on your point of view, lol) background. I enjoyed making this clean looking card for a change... layering stamps are fun once you get the hang of them. 


This one was a play around and was cut down from the original large square I started with because I wanted the girl and her hair to be the focus. I really enjoyed making it, with a bit of masking, some Promarker/Copic colouring and a little stencilling. Colouring can be so relaxing at times.


Lastly, another playaround that I'm not really too keen on...the stencilling is just a bit too prominent for what I wanted, but I LOVE these hares 😊 This is where the question mark comes in...I know they're not exactly bunnies, but hares are very similar and much more interesting - to me, anyway, lol. I had been wanting these lovely hares for a long time, after seeing them on a few blogs, but had no idea who made them until they were mentioned by Sue... thank you, so much. I would never have dreamed that they were Christmas stamps...
The 'flowers' are really supposed to be mistletoe, but I decided they looked so similar to the fuchsias I love, I'd use them that way.  


I'm linking to the following challenges...

Simon Says Stamp Mondays, Beautiful Blooms
Daring Cardmakers, Blooming Wonderful
Stamping Sensations, April Showers bring May flowers
Penny Black and More, Spring
Just Add Ink, Choose Two - I chose 'bunnies' and flowers
Moo Mania and More, Spring Fever
Country View Crafts, Easter and/or Spring

Thank you so much for calling in today.

I'll be back soon...

Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

Three simply amazing cards - I love all three. Wow - the elegance of the flowers , the beauty of the feminine look and the fancy hares.
Each single one is a WOWSER and speeks of masterful stamping abilities! And you make me happy to be with us over at Moo Mania & More Cath! Thank you! Happy Easter my artful friend!
Susi xxx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Cath, I do love the cosmos against their trellis. Your lady looks fabulous with the stencilled background - she was one of my new buys last month, but she's still uninked - must rectify that!
Have a lovely weekend. Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

We live down the East coast and it's been a gorgeous day.Beautiful cards I love cosmos and Fushias are my favourite flower-great stamps and fabulous colouring I love the quirky hares!
Carol x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yet another reason I don't make cards. Yours are out of this world. They are all wonderful, fun, and cards I would love to receive. The flowers are so beautiful and your backgrounds are out of this world.

I wanted to let you know, for reasons I won't go into, I have been locked out of blogger. This is a devastating problem for me, especially since I am in the middle of my recycle campaign. However, I have set up a HOPEFULLY temporary blog to get me through until I can reclaim mine. Please tell everyone you know, and please visit me starting tomorrow (April 20) at:

https://alteredbooksandmixedmedia.blogspot.com/

Even if you don't normally visit me daily, I could use the support right now.

Have a lovely Easter, too, dear Cath.

brenda said...

A really lovely collection again as always Cath and I don't think I could even start to choose a favourtie as each has it's own special merits and it's always nice to see how other people interpret an image in their own unique style.

Wishing you a Happy Easter.

B x

brenda said...

How did I ramble on and forget to thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More Cath?

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Three lovely cards Cath and I adore your little bunnies on the last one. I love your first card and what a beautiful sentiment. Your flowers look really pretty and I like the colours too. Thank you for joining us in our 'April Showers Bring May Flowers' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Rosie said...

Your postcards are absolutely beautiful, Cath

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

My name is Erika. said...

I think you are happy for spring as your cards lately have been happy ones Cath! Love all the flowers and bunnies you've shared today. Perfect for Easter and our weather-which is very sticky and summer like.Cold to hot. No real spring for now. Happy Easter to you. Hugs-Erika

Kathleen said...

A really beautiful card, great background and love the flowers and your colour choice. Thank you for join our 'Springtime' challenge at Penny Black & More this month.

Kath x

Leanne Harris said...

Three really lovely makes here and i looove your pink Cosmos one and it's sentiment. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month xxxx

Neet said...

These are just perfect. All three of them - each one so different but equally lovely.
Reading one of your blog posts is like opening a gift at Christmas, you are delighted with what you see at first (love the pink cosmos flowers and the trellis behind it - great colouring skills employed here).
Love the second one (gift or card?), especially as it employs masking which is something I enjoy and I admire the skill of others who do it as well as you. That is a gorgeous image.
Then there is the third card - perfect for Easter - lovely hares and I especially like the clever way you have used the stencil on here.
I hope this does not sound a bit ott but I am such a fan of your work.
Hugs, Neet xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all such lovely cards Cath! The first one for its clean style, the second for the way you have made that girlie pop right out and the third because you have my favourite hares on! Happy Easter, Hugs, Chrisx

Jan said...

A fabulous collection of cards, Cath! Your hares are super cute and I love the colours and details in your inky background that also create a frame for your sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Oh wow, you have been busy. I really like all your selection of cards with all the different backgrounds. Chantell Just Add Ink

Caty said...

OOhhhh Cath .... Your cards are Gorgeous !!The three are my favourites :) I love these so elegant flowers, their colours, love this so beautiful lady and the flowers behind, and love the sweet rabbits. Really you are very talented!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
Caty

junemac2 said...

I absolutely love them all and those hares are amazing. My fave though is the first one with the blurred striped background. subtle but beautiful.
Hugs June x

pinky said...

I love your inspirational bunch of cards Cath!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

rachel said...

Beautiful cards - all three are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges. Hugs rachel xx