'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 8 April 2019

I thought I'd make a quick 'Having Fun' page for Wendy's Art Journal Journey challenge and after I'd added Washi tape to cover up a bit that didn't quite work (!) I decided to put in a strip of polka dot paper, so it would also fit the Moo Mania and More challenge for this fortnight. Sorry if that's not quite what you wanted girls, but there are polka dots on there. Must get some polka dot washi tape...

I started with a Gelli print clean up page in my 8x8 Kraft journal, over which I sponged some Oxides in my favourite colour combinations, then stamped one of my favourite, super quick to colour animal stamps, which always makes me giggle! The embossing powder caught the background, so I knew it would be a nightmare to colour, and so decided to stamp them again on card, colour (with Neocolours) cut out and stick over the stamping...


I'll also link to Make My Monday's 'Something Humorous' challenge.

I'm also linking to he Alphabet Challenge, which is A for Animals, with this card and to
Allsorts, where the theme is 'Sentiment in Focus'. 
Using a large animal sort of takes the emphasis off the words, but I think the words are still the main part and Emily Giraffe is only there to illustrate them! Don't ask me why I've called her Emily - it's just the name that sprang to mind...😉


On another note, I just had to try the new Fadeout inkpad for no line colouring but I have to say I really don't like it. I need to do some more experimenting but my first try was a disaster!

Here's Emily, stamped in the ink...it's like a washed out grey colour. I must admit, I prefer black. I actually like the definition and contrast it gives - or maybe it's because my painting/colouring skills aren't up to it. I will try it with some flowers.


Always Fun Challenges have a Flowers Challenge.
This is a card I made with Oxides and a tulip stamp, with a stencilled background and a bit of text stamping through the same stencil.


Thank you for calling in today...

I'll be back tomorrow.

Cath
xxx

15 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - Cath it is exactly what we want at Moo Mania & More and it fits AJJ so perfectly as well!
Laughter is something we need so much! Thank you so much for joining us with your amazing piece and I love the Emily card - good luck with the new inkpad ... you will find a way to use it - I am sure!
And the last card - this amazing whimsical flowers are gorgeous - love this card!

Happy new week dear Cath!
Susi xxx

Meggymay said...

I am laughing at those animals Cath especially Emily with her tongue hanging out. Its a fabulous page and the cards are super as well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

These are a lot of fun, especially the lone giraffe. Talk about a silly face. I love it. And that quote that you used on that card is amazing. And true!!!! hope you have a happy new week and thanks for sharing these happy Monday cards with us too. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A perfect post to bring a smile on a dull April morning (least looks that way from my office window), it's full os colour and fun and that Giraffe is perfect for our 'Sentiment in Focus' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous cards. I love the top one. It mad me laugh. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again (with my Alphabet challenge hat on). I think your giraffe is fabulous. He's got such a fun expression. Thanks for joining the challenge. Love Dawn x

WendyK said...

I just love your fabulous journal page. What fun animals, Emilyi is wonderful. Love the other cards as well, thank you for joining us on Art Journal Journey.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and fun cards!

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lots of fun displayed today Cath, I love the raffe. We tend to get used to the tools that do the job for us but I can see that ink pad becoming very useful for some prints. She's definitely my fav.
Hugs Tracey xx

Waleska said...

Amazing cards!!!! I love the texture on the flowers thanks for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenge blog!!!

Waleska Owner

Rosie said...

Fabulous and funny artwork, Cath.

Thank you so much for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Debbie Mageed said...

OK, you win for really making me laugh with these absolutely adorable cards! Love them all!! Thank you for playing in my Animals challenge at the Alphabet Challenge as well as Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Mummylade said...

Fabulous! Thank you for entering our sentiment challenge at Allsorts this week.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Your wonderful journal page and the second card really made me smile, thank you. I really like how you've used text in the background of your last card, it looks great. I've had a crazy busy week but it's been lovely catching up with your blog today Cath x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What fun you have been having! Love the first card especially..and my favourite tulips of course! Chrisx