'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 8 January 2020

I thought it was about time I got down to a bit of journalling, so I created this page for Jo's NEW challenge on Art Journal Journey, I used new stamps.
When I scanned it the colours were totally wrong, so I took a photo instead. The background is smooshed Oxides, Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen and Peacock Feathers, with some Prisma and white Gel pen. I stamped in Fallen Leaves, Warm Breeze and Acorn Versafine Clair, clear embossed. It was fun to make.
Here's a scan to show you what I mean and a close up of the various shades.
I also made some very simple little Thank Ewe cards to send out to some of the kind people who gave me presents this Christmas... I'm on a mission to clear the die cuts and scraps lying around, so that's why nothing is the same! The (rough) backgrounds are watercoloured Oxide inks.
This card has a border of triangles for the final Moo Mania & More Challenge. It's sad to see it end. I'll miss you, girls. The girls are coloured with Prismas.
Linking to 
Always Fun Challenges, Anything New
As You Like It, Thank you
Paperminutes, Embossing Powder
Alphabet Challenge, T for Try something different
(new stamps)

Thank you for calling in today.
I'll be back soon
Cath
xxx

21 very kind comments from lovely people:

María said...

Wow wonderful projects, I love that page you've made it has an awesome background and I like a lot the stamps you've used.

The thank you cards are super cute and the last card is fantastic, I love those ladies stamp. Hugs, María.

WendyK said...

Fabulous page Cath, and I love the little cards, especially the ladies.

My name is Erika. said...

I love Mr. Chimp Cath. I must say I bought this stamp and have tried it a few times but never liked my finished page. Yours however, I adore. I guess I need to use stars. It looks super! And your cards are lots of fun. That dog had me smiling. Happy mid-week. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page Cath and those little cards are so cute!
Super fun ladie's card!
Big hugs!
Susi

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning I love your page so fun awesome cards too
Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh, Cath. This is amazing. I LOVE that monkey. That is very artistic and clever. It's a fabulous journal page and a wonderful entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. THose are adorable cards, too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that's such an amazing art journal page! I love how you layered the stamps together and the monkey looks fabulous surrounded by the stars with his amazing crown and butterfly wings 😁. I can see what you mean about the scanned and photograph colour difference, the photo seems to have captured the different colours much better. Great cards too, the Thank Ewe cards made me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous journal page and projects Cath. You do make me smile at the fun words you find to add to your pieces. I like the monkey image you used on the journal page, he does look deep in thought.
Thank you for sharing this with Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey and good luck using up your die cuts.
Yvonne xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Great cards there Cath you remind me I need to use oxides more! Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts on my blog. It's greatly appreciated.
Pray every blessing on you in 2020!
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Elkes Lebensglück said...

these are great cards, the one with the monkey * wow *
beautiful playful and great idea with Dog !!!
Greetings Elke

Neet said...

If someone had bought me that stamp I would not have had a clue what to do with it. You nailed it! Love the wings, love the crown and the background is just so much fun. Can see you enjoyed creating this.
Lovely little cards to say thank you and the card with the ladies is another fun card showcasing one of your many styles.
Hugs, Neet xx

Corry said...

WoW this is amazing ., the colors beaytiful
you also have a nice blog. I started to follow you. I want to invite you to come and take a look at my blog and maybe you would like to follow me too
My blog is corryscardandcreations
Hugs Corry

DVArtist said...

Cath you create the best posts, fascinating art, the friends and thighs Love it.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection love the journal page great cards and love all the stamps you used
carol x

sheila 77 said...

The background to the first is amazing with the stars, the letters and all these marvellously named colours.
Isn't it annoying when the scanner refuses to scan the correct colours.
I love the sheepy cards and the great girls too. Moo-Mania was a good challenge.

Caty said...

Your Art journal page is Amazing Cath !! I loove it, love the texture and the background you have created, and the colours are so great ! That´s a very clever idea to use little scraps and recycle them creating those wonderful thanks cards. Your last girls card is really fantastic !!
I wish you a very nice new week, and all the best for this new year, and send big hugs,
Caty

Emma said...

Super journal page, I do love the colours. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge for our ‘Try Something Different’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

Squirrel x said...


This is such a lovely way to express gratitude, thanks so much for sharing your make with us for this AYLI challenge. Hope to see you at the next one too! Squirrel Xx

Helen said...

A wonderful collection of creations, Cath. Love the detail on your journal pages and those thank you cards and the ladies are fab too.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Words and Pictures said...

Love love LOVE the chimpanzee page - glorious background colours and fabulous layered stamping. The Acorn is a wonderful colour - I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that. I love how the chimpanzee looks so dignified despite the whimsical additions of butterfly wings and crown - a marvellous image!
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous post Cath! I love the journal page - the chimpanzee is brilliant! I love how you are using up your scraps with your lovely little cards! I'm working away at getting my scrap pile down too! Chrisx