'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Morning Bloggers!
I've been playing around lately, enjoying 'just messing' and having fun, while trying to use up bits that are on - or around - my workspace, or finishing off partly done bits. I found this (torn) piece of card that dripped rich colour, but was a little too dark to do much with - and it was rather autumnal looking. Not very appropriate for this time of year. That made me think of leaves, so I stamped and gold embossed these (new) leaves. My first thought was to bleach out the colour, but then I wondered if water alone would work...and it did! I get frustrated with non permanent inks because they fade, but this is one of the advantages of them. I really like the way it turned out, even if the words aren't perfect.I overheated the powder and because I used Versafine to stamp, that's what you see.
I finished it off with a bit of spattering of gold and brown.
Because it's a new stamp, I can link to the following 'New' challenges.
Daring Cardmakers, Something New
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday, New Goodies/Old Favourites or Both

I also found this large die cut butterfly, already coloured in rainbow inks. It would have stood alone in a CAS card, but I wanted something a bit more striking. I wanted a stark background, for contrast, so I used a gessoed background (with a little very pale mint paint) in my  journal, but it looked TOO stark, so I added some words stamped in black, a black dotty border (stencilled) and these Visible Image words. I added arrows just to show which way the words go...
...and because it was a new use for the die cut - a repurposing - and new paint, I will link it to Art Journal Journey's 'New' challenge 😀😉😀 (and that's probably the most tenuous link you've ever heard!)

This was my record of a picture I saw when talking to my best friend (AKA praying 😉)... it was virtually finished, but I spent a little time adding finishing touches to what I'd watercoloured.
Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such beautiful art! I love your autumnal card, the colours and leaves with the gold look stunning 😀. Your watercolour page is a delight and the rainbow butterfly looks amazing too, I love how you stamped the script over the butterfly image and background - fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey for this month's challenge! Hugs, Jo x

WendyK said...

Just love the Autumnal card, the colour are gorgeous, love the butterfly page as well.

WendyK said...

I meant to ask, who makes the leaf stamp, it's fabulous.

Neet said...

I remember my delight at finding i could 'bleach out' with water. This card is just simply gorgeous - I love the richness in the colours of the background - perfect for autumnal looking leaves. It really is beautiful!
Also the butterfly card - in a totally different way - and I do like the way you have edged the whole design.
And last but not least - your waves - well that is what they appear to be to me - a gorgeous colour and beautifully used.
Hugs, Neet xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

made fascinating with the leaves and very romantic in appearance, the other with the butterfly has become so beautiful!
That with the waves I'm curious to see how it looks!
Greeting Elke

My name is Erika. said...

That leaf card is amazing Cath. I know what you mean about ink fading but that water spotting does look fabulous so I guess they have their place. The leaf image is pretty spectacular too.
Nice butterfly and waves too. It's good to see some color at this time of year! Hope the week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

The leaf card is gorgeous Cath and so is all the art you shared today. Thank you for linking eith Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

A wonderful post Cath! I haven't used that technique for ages! It is very effective and I love your colour choices! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You always make the most wonderful art, dear Cath. I really LOVE your autumn inspired card. It's beautiful. Of course, your gorgeous butterfly is out of this world. It's really colorful, too. Thanks for sharing it with us using Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great find that Autumnal piece is, give me Autumn any month of the year I find the colours so cosy. Water is an amazing thing and can transform much of our art. Love how you framed your colourful butterfly, words with impact.
I need to use up so many things i've found recently, I just can not seem to throw them away. Hugs Tracey xx

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful! Loving these rich colors!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellibelle's Corner