'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Happy New Year to anyone I haven't yet visited you.
I hope 2020 is a happy, healthy and creative year for all of you!

Today's the first challenge of 2020 for 
and it's
What a Cutie 
OR
Make Someone Smile
I chose the fun option of making someone smile. I'd seen these words a few times before I actually managed to get my hands on them, so I couldn't wait to use them. The main image is part of the stamp set, but I added the Katzelcraft potted plant to go with the room background I'd made, using a vertical striped stencil and Bundled Sage Oxide. 
I had planned to add a bit more furniture, but I wasn't happy with what I'd done, so decided to have a go at an aperture card instead. I have some great double stitched dies which leave stitched frames as well as cutting stitched shapes and this is one of them. I deliberately placed it off centre because I was going to staggr the words, then changed my mind... 
The chair is paper pieced in a chintzy fabric style paper. I die cut the speech bubble, too, though I cut it down to the size that worked best for the card.
Please do go to see all the wonderful samples from the Design Team - they're wonderful. I hope you'll join us with your fab art during the next two weeks.
I look forward to visiting you!

Thanks for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

12 very kind comments from lovely people:

Marjut said...

A fantastic card and a super fun image.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a funny card Cath. You nailed the challenge. Hope your new year is going well. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fabulous card! The image and sentiment is such fun and really made me smile 😁. I love how you built up the scene with the potted plant and die cut armchair - amazing! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Rosie said...

A very nice card, Cath

Meggymay said...

I love the setting you created on this laugh out loud card Cath, I am smiling at the sentiment you added as well.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This certainly made me laugh, Cath. I love how you designed the card, too. It was fun to see the lady framed in a circle. Great job.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun image and sentiment-great paper piecing and I honestly thought the plant was part of the stamp-brilliant.
I have a link to the collar card on my post here-https://crafty-stamper.blogspot.com/2015/08/new-card-fold.html
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Cath! This didn't just make me smile - I laughed at your lady, then read that you weren't happy and added the aperture - something I think I will be doing soon as at the moment everything I start to do needs one!!
Happy New Year, wishing you good health and time to do what you love most! Hugs, Chrisx

Mrs.B said...

A fab card Cath, Love the image and the sentiment. Brilliant work with the room setting - love the potted plant.
Avril xx

María said...

A very funny card, that sentiment is fantastic. And you've made a great job creating that room with different stamps, the stencil and the paper. Hugs, María.

Kampin' Karen said...

I love your card and the way you embellished the stamp with the potted plant and paper piecing for the chair. I found a stack of pre-stamped images of her when I cleaned up my craft area yesterday. I'll have to see what I can do with them this week!

Neet said...

I cannot get over the background to this card. The stripes you created are fabulous and the chair looks as if it was there all the time, not paper pieced, The more I look at it the more I marvel at just how good you are at this, and I am including the masked rubber plant too. Fantastic work Cath!
Hugs, Neet xx
ps love the card xx