'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Time for a new challenge at Try it on Tuesday
and it's
White Space OR Colourful Grunge

I decided to go for the White Space option because it's something I so rarely do. What's life without a challenge or two? So, I made a CAS card, using an image I've had for a while but only used once - till now. I used my lovely Prisma Pencils and a die I'm quite fond of the die I used for both card and borders - and a little gel pen. The words are from a different set, but I thought they were appropriate for this time of year.
You can't beat journalling with a cuppa (coffee in my case) and a little snack 😉

I used a glitter gel pen for a delicate glittery touch on some bits, as you can see here.

I'm linking this to Allsorts - More than one word
Penny Black and More, Make it Feminine
and to

You have two weeks to join with us, using any medium you like. I hope you do!
Please check the wonderful examples created by my teamies - it's fabulous, as ever!

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon (tomorrow)
Cath
xxx

19 very kind comments from lovely people:

Marjut said...

Beautiful cas card!
Have a nice Tuesday.

froebelsternchen said...

So lovely Cath! Gorgeous!

My name is Erika. said...

White space isn't something I do often either. But you aced it Cath! She is adorable and what acute crd. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A very lovely card, Cath

DVArtist said...

Cath you are so very talented. I live the white space too.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love stamped image against the white space and the glittery shimmer looks amazing 😁. Also I couldn't agree more, a cuppa and a snack whilst journaling should be compulsory ...lol 😉. Wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Caty said...

This is a so Gorgeous card Cath !! Love the white space around the image. Fantastic colours you have choosen, love the touch of glitter.
Wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs
Caty

María said...

Beautiful card and that sentiment is perfect for the stamp. Hugs, María.

Mrs.B said...

Those dies do make a lovely border Cath, I love he image, perfect for a CAS.
Avril xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how you created a different shape for this wonderful CAS card! Great idea to add the glittery touches! Hugs, Chrisx

Joan said...

A lovely card and I love the image you used

Joan

brenda said...

Oooh that's a hard theme Cath but you certainly nailed the white space to perfection, never easy when you love your inks.

It's lovely to see you at Allsorts 'More than a Sentiment' and Penny Black and More 'Feminine' themes, many thanks for joining in at both.

B x

Neet said...

Lovely colouring Cath, I like how you have come to handle those pencils so well. I can see I need some lessons from you.
Great shape too for the card - unusual and eye catching.
Hugs, Neet xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great design.

Wendy L said...

Super card for our challenge at Allsorts, xxxx

Meggymay said...

Its a super stamp you used for the card Cath and it looks so good with all the whits space.
Yvonne xx

Ellibelle said...

A really cute card with that pretty image!
Thank you so much for joining in at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges!
Ellibelle's Corner

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

She has that do I or don't I look regarding that cupcake Cath, I had many of those moments this year :D You've really set that white space off with the matt & layering. Beautiful. Have a super weekend Hugs Tracey x

Andrea said...

Great creation. I like the Stamp. Thanks for joining us at EAC.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41