'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 27 March 2020

Just a quickie cos I'm VERY late with this...

The challenge on Allsorts Challenge is Any Animal in the Animal Kingdom, so I just made a very quick crazy giraffe card. It's beautifully coloured (well, fully coloured, lol) in real life - the photo has made it appear patchy - sorry. I used my fluorescent Prismas for fun. The whirling background is symbolic of the world at the moment - spinning faster and faster... 
Lots more mistakes, too...I really need to get my act together and maybe stop rushing. Hope I'm in time!

I had to queue 2m apart at the Fruit & Veg stall on an outdoor market (food stalls only today, well spaced out) this morning, the bakery where I buy my bread is closed and a large shop was allowing entry just one at a time, with a queue around the car park. The bus was empty but for me and one other person!



Thanks for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS Cath!
Have a great Friday evening and stay healthy and creativ my friend!
Susi xxx

My name is Erika. said...

You really know how to make a fun card Cath. Love the swirly background and that crazy giraffe. Nice. have a great start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Cath I love the quirky little guy. He is fun and funny. Well done. Our markets don't even begin until May but already have been told not to set up. I have not fresh veggies in my house and that is a first for me. Be safe and elbow hugs.

marilyn said...

What a fun giraffe! You made me smile on a dreary day...thank you for that!

Mrs.B said...

Love your giraffe and I'm pleased he's nice and cheerful in this strange world.
Stay safe, Avril xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant and fabulous colouring great background and sentiment too
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

It is Cath and your giraffe is such a cutie! We have been lucky enough not to have to go shopping since last weekend! We will be digging into the freezer before a food delivery on Thursday and still have some veg that were delivered by our staff on Friday. Although this retired community living is sometimes restrictive , in this case it is a bonus! Take care, Hugs, Chrisxx

Neet said...

How come I am missing all of these delightful posts from you?
What a great idea to have this spinning background behind this absolutely adorable giraffe. I love his punk style hair-do and the colours are fantastic!
Do be careful travelling on public transport - sorry to hear about the bread shop Cath, I know how much you liked it - and be careful going out shopping.
Thinking of you
God Bless, Neet xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Adorable! Hugs, Angela xXx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cath, I am glad you used the flourescent pencils, they are perfect on that giraffe! There's no rhyme or reason out and about though. I read a North Carolina woman got the virus after being in home isolation for 3 weeks, her husband even staying in another part of the house. Turns out the grocery delivery person later tested positive. Sometimes I just want to say come on, get me and get it over with, but I'm forgetting it's not the usual flu or cold. Frustrating just waiting. Like when we were teenagers and we had to sit there waiting for the boys to call us and without call-waiting or caller I.D. even! LOLOL {wink} XOX