'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 26 March 2020

We decided on KCUK that it may be good to have a weekly challenge while lots of us are confined to our homes and the post seems to be very iffy right now, so I set out to make a very delicate Spring Flowers card...oops! That background was gorgeous, until I spattered gold paint,  and forgetting that it was still wet, turned it over to add tape! So I had to rescue it as best I could. By then, I'd already added the Gathered Twigs stamping and edging, but I had to use a wet sponge to spread some of the gold, so it was no longer delicate and pale, lol. 

Plus, the word Spring that I had sstamped just wasn't a bold enough font to stand out over the flowers and branches, so I then had to root through my die cut letters and find something to cover it. So much for plans 😊
But I still like it, lol. I probably shouldn't have stamped anything other than the main words, but I had a wonderfully messy couple of hours of fun.
Linking to
Daring Cardmakers, Floral Focus

Stamping Sensations, Spring Flowers
Penny Black & More, Spring Flowers
Penny Black Saturday Challenge, Anything Goes, Optional Spring

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I think your Spring flowers card came out perfect. Beautiful artwork.

My name is Erika. said...

I know how frustrating that is Cath but I can't tell from my view that this card's background had a problem. It is just beautiful and such a pretty card. Hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath! I see no problems with the background at all. And the wording seems perfect as well. You are just too critical on yourself. LOL Stay safe and elbow hugs.

Anke said...

WOW absolutely stunning, Cath. I love your card ...

Hugs
Anke

María said...

I have to say your background is wonderful, I don't see any problem with it, I love the flowers. Hugs, María.

brenda said...

Beautiful Magnolia blossoms on that super inky background Cath, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Spring' themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Keep safe and well.

B x

Miri said...

Interessting to hear ... because to me your card looks just perfect! I love the layered look and all the different stamps you used.
Thanks for sharing your floral creation with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

froebelsternchen said...

I am simply in LOVE with this card Cath!

marilyn said...

I LOVE the quirkiness of this card so much! Thank you for sharing the back story too...that was fun!

Joan said...

Its a fabulous card ! love everything about it

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card and I love everything about it from the pretty flowers your superb inky background. Also the wording and sentiment work perfectly. Thank you for joining us in our 'Spring Florals' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Leanne Harris said...

Nothing shouts the start of Spring more than a beautiful Magnolia tree (I love how all the flowers bloom before the leaves grow). A fabulous make even if you did have some challenges along the way with it! - it turned out perfectly! Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

Linda Kunsman said...

beautiful card, and that background turned out brilliant!!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the magnolia image -fabulous background and looks perfect to me love the gold splatters
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Cath, this is a beauty! I am such a klutz that I am forever dealing with smudges! I would never have guessed that you had a problem with this! Hugs, Chrisx

Ellibelle said...

A truly stunning spring creation! So beautifully done!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Neet said...

Such a beautiful card Cath reminds me of Japanese blossom a little. It is a lovely stamp and you have coloured it so beautifully and the background is just perfect for it. You are the Queen of backgrounds.
Hugs, Neet xx