'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 20 March 2020

Today I'm sharing a card to remind us that we are far bigger than anything that can happen to us. This little girl, standing on a torn bit of Washi tape - Stampinback or 100 Proof Press, I think - is one of my all time favourites. I think I like her because she looks a little mischievous, despite her innocent look. The background is smooshed Oxides - Broken China, Iced Spruce, and a little Cracked Pistachio. You can see Aall and Create stamps an stencils and a little TH die cut in the top corner, that just seemed to balance the whole thing. 
I seem to be using a lot of blue, green and lilac at the moment - this one is Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron and feels very serene...the Flowers are Lavinia Stamps. I hope you can see the stencilled Brilliance Resist background - it worked perfectly. I just stencilled Brilliance Platinum Planet ink, then added colour. Such a quick and simple effect. I think both number stamps I used are Paperartsy and the text is from an old grab bag from someone in the US who used to do some wonderful ones, maybe Paper Roses or something similar? I have a box of background stamps and forget which comes from where.
Linking to
Mix it Up, Anything Goes, with Optional Smooshing (both smooshed)
I'm thinking of you all, and my heart goes out to anyone who has been affected by the virus - especially if you have or had someone seriously ill because of infection. We really don't need to be afraid, but we do need to take sensible precautions and follow advice, especially if we are in the vulnerable group. 
As the world changes around us, the internet is one of the big blessings, keeping us connected. I'm very grateful for my phone, too! My 81 year old mum may be in New Zealand, but it's great to be able to text and find out how she is.

I seem to spend half my time trying to get essential shopping done, running to the various shops around. 
I was surprised to find my local open air market 75% open this morning and crowded! I got my bread from the bakery - but it was the last one. All toiletry and food shelves are empty! The panic buying is far more scary than the actual virus is, actually creating a shortage of items when there's absolutely no need.  

Thank you for calling in today
I'll be back soon
God bless you all. Stay safe!
Cath
xxx

11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous cards! The backgrounds looks amazing and I'm loving the images that you used especially that beautiful flower stamp 😀. Couldn't agree more about the panic buying, there would be plenty for everyone of they just stopped! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Take care, stay safe and healthy! Hugs, Jo x

froebelsternchen said...

I love these colours in both of your cards and specially the background of the bold flowers card is so beautifully created!
I am with you about the panic buying, God send them brain, toilet paper and noodles they have enough meanwhile! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend dear Cath! Take good care of you, stay safe and healthy! Hugs,Susi

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards, love the backgrounds, especially the resist. I agree that the panic buying is causing as much stress as the actual virus - do they actually need that many loo rolls???
Stay safe and have a good weekend.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

It is tough times, isn't it? And who would have thought back on January 1 that this is where we would be in march? Just crazy. But I love the cards, especially the little girl. I can see why you love her so. And take care of yourself Cath. Stay healthy. Hugs-Erika

Lindsey said...

Beautiful backgrounds, and beautiful cards! The message of the first one is so important right now. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

María said...

My favourite colours are green and blue so you can imagine I like a lot this cards you've made, those backgrounds are beautiful and those sentiments are great.

Here in Spain the last week there was a lot of panic buying too even when authorities said people would find everything they neeeded as always, now the situation has gone back to normal.

And rolls also dissappeared for that fear, it seems it's something common that happens in these kind of situations for what I've read, now there is not problem with them so don't worry I think there will happen the same thing.

Stay safe and healthy. Hugs, María.

DVArtist said...

Hi Cath. I like this piece very much. The little girl looks like she has a story to tell. The colors match her. Very well done indeed.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I adore the subtle background and pretty stamped flowers. And the girl in the first card sure has a story to tell. It's Day 12 of stay home here in Malaysia and very quiet day and night. This will continue until April 14 then what next we'll know from our government. Stay safe and healthy Cath and thank you for playing along with us at STAMPLorations Stencil March Challenge and best of luck.
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
...STAMPlorations {Stencil Design Team}...
...Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}...
...My Instagram...

Leslie said...

This is stellar! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's March Anything Goes + Smooshing challenge! We hope you visit us often!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Cath! I'm so happy to have seen your pretty green creations today. Green makes me happy, I needed it. And your love, too! Take good care going out now, please. I haven't left this house since the night of my birthday on Feb. 29. I could get stir crazy, those thoughts are beginning. But I just don't do it. Hahaha So far, thank God, that is working. Hugs and Kisses, virtually of course. As always! That didn't change. XOX

Neet said...

I cannot believe I have missed so many of your postings Cath. Mind you it is lovely to be able to see so much of your work in one go as you might say.
The first card has such a lovely message on it very appropriate for what we are all going through at this time in our lives. I did not realise the little girl was hand stamped, I thought it was one of those figures we see so much of. It must be a really good stamp to work so clearly. Lovely background!
Now another greenish card. Love the subtle background on here and the stamp on the right - kind of fronds? - is beautiful. It reminds me of a stencil I have which is a favourite. Of course the script - well we are both very fond of a nice bit of script aren't we.
Not sure I understand the way you have done the background but it sure is lovely - I might need you to explain at some time if you don't mind.
Hugs & Blessings, Neet xx