'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 2 March 2020

The Feb Mingle on KCUK was love - of any kind 😀
So this was the card I sent to my partner...
I actually made it a few months ago, but couldn't decide whether or not I liked it? I always see whimsical images  as needing discordant, clashing colours, to illustrate the fact that they are 'doing their own thing', rather than conforming. So I sometimes challenge myself to do just that! 
Hence, this card. 
But the results don't always appeal to me, lol... this one, however, grew on me 😉 
I made a clashing background instead of colouring the characters in clashing colours... the ink spreading onto the little bloke's trailing waistcoat just seemed to continue that theme...they just don't care what other people think about them!

And a couple of pages I journalled in my Bible at the beginning of the year. 
This is my 'Word' for the year... Be still and Listen! 
I used the Non Sequitur 'Be Still, Woman and know who you are' stamp in the background and love the way it underpins the other things that were on my heart.
And this one is a reminder that despite my fears, I have no need to fear what may be coming around the corner because I'm not alone 😊  God is far stronger than my fear!

Linking to 

Thank you for calling in today
Back soon
Cath
xxx

6 very kind comments from lovely people:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and background love the whimsical characters and I agree with your thinking about the colouring -great Bible journalling too
Carol x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your card and the colours, they really do look great with those characters! I haven't done any Bible journaling this year - I think this is the nudge I need! These look amazing - love the greens - are they water colours? Hugs, Chrisx

marilyn said...

I absolutely LOVE your whimsical people card and can't imagine why you weren't sure if you even liked it! It is so colorful and just makes me smile! Curious whose stamps they are?

Mrs.B said...

I love the card, the crazy background works well with your little folks. You've used lovely words in your bible journal.
Avril xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love your Bible pages - no one knows what's around his corner so we are all in the same boat save one thing - the degrees of Faith we have, whether it be God or not. And Faith comforts. I rely on it, but I hear you - it is hard to remember to raise it as a shield against fear. <3 I admire you for stamping those Quirkie characters, I still cannot get into them. And seems to me they must be boldly colorful since their look is uncoventional. But then I'm a sucker for color heehee. XOX

Neet said...

Lovely Bible Journal pages Cath, I especially like the bottom one which surprises me in that I usually go for the cooler colours but this time I have gone hot pinks and oranges.
The Mingle card is fabulous - just up my street. I love the little characters, who makes those stamps please? I too like to have discord with that type of stamp as you probably realise from my Jeudi Journalling. It just works somehow.
Hugs, Neet xx