'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 7 October 2018

It’s good to ring the changes, so I thought I’d try a couple of CAS Autumn themes.

My first is for Crazy for CAS, whose theme is Fall in love…using an old Stampendous stamp.

AUTUMN BLESSINGS CAS

My second is a design I often come back to because it’s simple but effective.

I’d like to link this to the following challenges:-

Penny Black and More – Autumn Splendour

Stamping Sensations – Shades of Autumn

Addicted to Stamps – Autumn Colours

Allsorts – Trees and/or Leaves

CAS AUTUMN 2

This next one didn’t turn out as intended… I stamped the image in Aged Mahogany DI, intending to go back in with my Prismas, to add some shading, etc, but first I used a damp paintbrush to work the colour – a bit too enthusiastically! It smudged too much. Giving up on it, I continued to smudge the stamping with more water and went off to do something else. When I came back, I decided I actually like the effect, so I added a bit of text stamping, followed by a sentiment, then layered it up. Looking at it now, I’m thinking I may add a little bit of another colour to make it pop… I’ll go back to it later.

MONO THANK YOU 1

I have a couple of circular gelli plate prints in my background pile and this is one of them, in one of my favourite colour combinations.

GP CIRCLE BLESSING 1

I’ve missed journalling while my visitors were here and really wanted to take part in Art Journal Journey’s Creature Comforts Challenge, but I don’t have any stamps of the things I find comforting and didn’t really want to draw them…  T

hen I remembered the napkin stash I keep on the top of my shelving… et voilà, I found some my Swiss friend, Cathy, who lives in France, gave me last time I was visiting. None of them are straight, but t was fun to mess around  Smile even if I’m not really a chocolate fan (I prefer crisps and fruit) and I prefer a nice medium white wine to a red!

But I do definitely  love a good, black coffee and especially in the morning…

Art Journal Journey – Creature Comforts

CREATURE COMFORTS 1

Back soon

Thanks for looking

Have a great week!

Cath

xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

brenda said...

Your on a roll this wekend Cath, your CAS Autumnal creation are both beautiful and much as I love them both the thrid really jumps out at me with the faded watercolour look and bold colours.

Thanks so mucn for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations, Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges - did I mention I love Autumnal themes?

B x

Linby said...

A lovely selection of makes here. I'm here with my PB & More DT hat on so I will say how much I love the faded tones on the card - great CAS layout too.

Lynn x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely cards Cath and I love your journal page, who doesn’t love coffee, wine and chocolate? Great colours too x

Linda Kunsman said...

marvelous looking CAS cards, and I love your AJJ page with the napkin art showing some of my favorite things:) Thanks for joining in at AJJ and hope to see more!

Meggymay said...

A super set of cards again Cathy, you have a wonderful selection of stamps.
I also love your fabulous journal spread, the napkins look great added to the page. Coffee, wine, chocolate sounds great, could I have a tea please?.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection love the CAS Autumn ones and the snmudges effect looks brilliant would have thought it intentional if you hadn't said
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

Lots of wonderful creations and inspiration. Loving all the autumnal cards and the art journal page looks amazing!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges! Hope you come join in again soon!
xEllie

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed card and thanks for sharing at our AUTUMN COLOURS challenge at Addicted to Stamps, hope to see you again next challenge..♥ ADDICTED TO STAMPS
{aNNie}DT Addicted To Stamps Challenges

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seeing your lovely cards convinces me I am not a card maker for a reason. The autumn card is fabulous and the gelli plate card is unbelievable. That's why I leave card making to people who are good at it, and you are VERY good at it.

Of course I fell in love with your lovely journal page. You certainly captured the essence of Linda's theme with your beautiful coffee, chocolate, and wine napkin inspired journal page. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Wendy L said...

I love your cas cards, all so beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Each card of this fabulous four is a brilliant one Cath and the Journal page is so beautiful - I love the thorn ages and the little white details you added to bring all to a perfect harmony! Thank you beyond belief for joining us at Art Journal Journey again! Wishing you a very happy October !
Hugs, Susi

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous cards Cath and I like the effect with the inky smudging.
Love the journal page - definitely creature comforts.
Avril xx

Veerle said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for entering our challenge and good luck.
Greetings, Veerle DT-ATSC

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your cards always inspire me Cath! I am so hopeless at keeping clean cards clean - if you get what I mean! I love the gelli printed one especially - the colours are wonderful! I love your journal page - and of course it will remind you of your friend! Hugs, Chrisx

Joan said...

Beautiful set of cards, really captured the feel of Autumn

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan x

Neet said...

Gosh I have neglected visiting your blog and now am having a great time feasting on all the goodies you have been making.
Lovely cards all showcasing how beautifully you blend your colours and how good you are at colour choice.
I do like the edging on your first card (Autumn Blessings), what a gorgeous die.
As for the Journal - well, someone was looking out for you when you spotted the napkin. A fabulous Journal page with your black coffee featured strongly. I hope whoever made it remembered not to let the kettle boil!
Hugs, Neet xx

The Creative Teacup - Yvonne Spikmans - Van Bruggen said...

Beautiful range of cards Cath! Thank you for joining us at CFC!