'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday 13 October 2018

The theme at Time Out Challenges is Colourful. I love colourful backgrounds and my luvverly postie had just brought me this new set of stamps, so I used an Oxide rainbow I’d already created and stamped over it. I’m not sure about the butterfly, but I just felt it needed a little something to balance it.

RAINDROPS INTO RAINBOWS 1

There are still some Autumn/Fall challenges around, so I made a couple of leafy cards, but this time sticking with greens and using only an SU set mum bought me. They’re both very similar apart from a change in one of the leafy colours and a bit more stamping on the second.

THANKFUL LEAVES 1

THANKFUL LEAVES 2

Dare to be Artsy – Fall

CAS on Friday – Thank you card

Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday – Outdoors/Nature

Words to Craft By – Leaves

Shopping Our Stash – Giving Thanks

Then I spotted a pink and grey challenge, which is right up (or down?) my street at the moment because grey is (one of) my latest obsession(s)  Smile

This is pretty Autumnal in theme, too. I used Hickory Smoke Oxide and Prisma Pencils to colour.

Cas-ual Fridays – Pinks and Greys

PINK AND GREY WELLIES

I think the rain is playing on my mind because I made this yesterday, playing with Hickory Smoke and Dusty Concord Oxides.

DUSTY CONCORD RAIN

This is for  the Creative Moments ATG challenge 

and Tuesday Throwdown’s ATG challenge

That’s all for today

Thanks for looking

Back soon

Cath

xxx

16 very kind comments from lovely people:

froebelsternchen said...

Such beautiful cards Cath!
You always have such a masterful hand on colours, images and designs.
Gorgeous!
Happy weekend!
Susi

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous cards Cath. I love the soft shades of grey and pink on the last two beauties.
Yvonne xx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous cards Cath, I do like the rainbow card. Love the shades of pink and grey along with those images in the last two cards.
Avril xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards. I love your rainbow card for Time Out. I just love the sihlouette and the wahs of rainbow color along with that wonderful rain stamp. Fantastic make. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.

Lynn said...

all kind of gorgeous cards! Love your style. Thank rainbow against the silhouettes is amazing!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Furrbster said...

Gorgeous cards and that last one made me giggle too hehe,

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful and creative assortments of cards, loving all of these beauties!

Thank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope to see you again soon!
xEllie

LaurieC said...

Wow!! Such beautiful cards but those rain boots are my favourite!! Thank you for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

sheila 77 said...

These are all terrific, Cath. I especially like the first with the rainbows and the black silhouettes. Yes, you were right, adding the butterfly was a good finishing touch, giving the picture a lovely balance.
And that is a very windy rainy day at the end with the inspiring words, words to live by, although stormy days can be beautiful too as in your picture.

Neet said...

Looks as if you have been busy again. I just love the first card you have made. Gorgeous new stamps and so beautifully stamped too. I find silhouette stamps can be so difficult but these are perfect. Love the white stamping and the words were made for this card.
Love how you say you are addicted to grey at the moment, my house is turning grey all over - must say I love the wellies and the slight touch of grey in the background and the card below that is simply terrific. Great image, lovely words again and that really is a windy day with your rendition of a storm. Perfect!
These cards really caught my eye - fab work as always Cath.
Hugs, Neet xx

maria f. said...

What a great lineup of cards! Came for the ballerina (who could resist that lovely rainbow) but really like the blustery day card too. What a great image.

Sybrina K said...

I stopped by to comment on the gorgeous fall card you shared at Words 2 Craft By, but found myself ooh-ing and aah-ing over all these amazing cards. That Distress rainbow is so cool and those pink and gray cards are stunning. Thanks so much, Cath, for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

creative lady said...

Beautiful cards, love your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining CAS-ual Friday's Challenge.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Great cards! Love the fun backgrounds! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy October Challenge! -Tasha ☺

Celeste Goff said...

Such fabulous cards! I love the leaf cards especially and the great colors you used on them both! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

Sybrina K said...

Congratulations, Cath!!! Your lovely leaf-inspired CAS card is our October/November W2CB Challenge Winner!!! Please contact me at cards[dot]by[sot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements. :)