'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday 5 October 2018

I’m still playing with the beautiful, rich shades of Autumn and nature stamps… can’t resist. 

The Dragonfly Dreams challenge is Autumnal Colours and

Ellibelle’s Crafty Challenge is Nature/Outdoors, while Country View Challenges have a Plant-tastic theme..

This one’s a simple leafy card, stamped on watercolour paper with Archival inks, then watercoloured with Distress inks and splattered with Delicata gold ink.

RUSTY LEAVES 1

Then I played with my other Autumn love -  ‘shrooms - for a little while… my friend and I used to go fungus foraging and often found some amazing specimens!

This one’s fungus and faeries… ‘shrooms courtesy of Lavinia Stamps….bunny from Inkylicious.

FAERIES

Then, playing with green, orange and brown , I made this background, then stamped it with Lavinia flowers? and more ‘shrooms… colouring with Prisma pencils and a Mermaid paint pen (Jane Davenport). Both the flowers and the ‘shrooms are stamped with Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves, which is dark brown, but it looks black.

THANK YOU SHROOMS

I was thinking about these colours and suddenly remembered my Chinese Lanterns stamp, so I stamped in Russet Archival, then coloured them, again with Distress Inks, adding a few floating leaves and a bit of Wild Honey stencilling. I love the Impression Obsession words.

EVERY SEASON PALETTE AUT

There’s a a Make Your Mark challenge on Addicted to Stamps and More 

and a ‘Fall’ Challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters.

The Everybody Art Challenge is asking for Orange and Brown.

Lastly, a very simple leafy card, made with the card left after die cutting and one of my scrapling cards for the CASology Gratitude Challenge.

THANKFUL LEAF

Thank you so much for looking

Back soon

Cath

xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

Ellibelle said...

Your cards are amazing, I love all the gorgeous colors and especially loving that fairy scene, but they are all so pretty!
Thank you so much for joining in this month at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday challenge! Hope you'll play along again soon!
xEllie

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards! I love the simple use of the negative space on the last card. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week!

brenda said...

So where does one start here Cath? Like you I adore the autumnal colours to work with and each of this is a beauty in it's own way, some rather nice sentiments as well expecially on the first card.

But, despite being a real Fairy and Lavinia fan, I think my fav today has to be the Chinese Lanterns. I have the PB one where the lanterns are slightly larger and have the new Sweet Poppy stencil on my wish list, but I have a feeling I need that stamp you used - I wonder what make it is?

B x

Darlene said...

All are just beautiful Cath!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Fall is in the Air’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Mrs.B said...

Lovely cards Cath, always love Autumn shades, love then fairy card, so sweet.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful Autumn cards Cath, you used lovely sentiment stamps as well.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

A real celebration of Autumn's wonders on your art projects. Wonderful sentiments as well

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Craftyfield said...

A beautiful collection of Plant-astic cards! My favourite is the Thank you card, I love the background! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

Marcie Sharp said...

Beautiful cards! I like that you used the leftover die cut bit to make a whole other card. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week.

Monika Gulyas said...

I love all your cards!!! I can't choose!!! Thank you for joining the October challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love how you've repurposed your negative from a die cut. It makes such a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with CASology!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I especially love those Lavinia cards Cath! You really are the card queen! Hugs, Chrisx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Warm and beautiful set of autumn cards. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Neet said...

I think I need to buy sone of those 'shrooms from Lavinia and you are tempting me to buy some fairies also. Your card is fabulous! I love the colours, the placement of your stamps, the stencilling - everything about that card grabs me. I am also tempted by the flowers in the card following and then the Chinese ~Lanterns which I have always loved, especially at Christmas for decoration in the home.
Once more, beautiful cards Cath.
Hugs, Neet xx