'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 17 January 2019

I’ve been determined to do the 

CAS Mixup Bokeh Challenge
but didn’t have a lot of success with what I was doing, despite trying different white inks, etc. 

So here’s my first attempt, using Oxide inks.




I was adding way too many white circles! I’ve just finished this one, using Distress inks and I think it looks a bit better…even if I’m not ecstatic about the design. I’ll have to come back to this until I’m happy with it. It's not easy to get the variated effect on a CAS card.



Meantime, there are a couple of CAS challenges around, so I’ll link to those.

This morning, I tried out some new stamps I bought in a sale, using my faithful old Adirondack inks in Clover and Raspberry..


But I’ve mainly been spending time on silly cards, for the KCUK mingle and I got stuck on this one phrase, which I used with a few images.

There’s a lot of glitter on this one…I was really wishing I had the word ‘Honey’ or ‘Darling(s)’ to use on them, but I don’t and my Dymo wasn’t playing nicely, so I just used the words as they are.






I’ll also link to Tuesday Throwdown, Embossing with the third card, although all but the top one are embossed with clear EP.

I've been trying all day to upload this, but kept getting an error message, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do it in Blogger... if not, this post may be even more delayed...

That’s all for now -  I’ll be back soon with more to share. Thank you for popping by 😊


Cath

xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

Loll said...

Cath, fabulous cards! I laughed when I saw your ladies and the farm animals. Perfect sentiment for all three. :) Especially love the expression on the cow's face. :)

Your bokeh card are both beautiful. You are too hard on yourself. Your first one is lovely. The colours are so pretty. Your second card is the same ... lovely with pretty colours. They are sure to be appreciated by the recipient! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Viv said...

Loving all these cards Cath!
The duck nails it for me!
Your two attempts at Bokeh are simply lovely. I like the Raspberry/Orange shades on the first and of course the second one has one of my all time fave colour combo!
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month!
Viv
(Guest DT January)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Cath - first let me thank you for visiting my blog today - it helped me find YOUR amazing blog and enjoy your fabulous artwork! I especially enjoyed your crazy cards with the "fabulous" sentiment. Too cute! I've not seen it before. I love the bokeh cards you made! Your technique'ing is entirely successful! I love the softer, semi transparent look you achieved, instead of the stark white circles. They are lovely! Wishing you a great week. hugs, de

Meggymay said...

Fabulous cards Cath, I am smiling at the quote you added to those hilarious women images and of course those fun animals.
Yvonne xx

Mac Mable said...

What a treat admiring all these fabulous cards. I think the bokeh effect looks wonderful and the colours are so pretty on both of them. The last card brought an extra smile to my face. Thank you for sharing these fun and fabulous cards and thanks for linking up the second beautiful card to The CAS Mix up Challenge x.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and I don't think you have too many white circles --love the last three fabulous fun cards--brilliant
Carol x

nancy littrell said...

Both your bokeh cards are beautiful, Cath. Who ever gets your cards will love them too. I loved your color combo's and CAS designs.

Your Fabulous ladies are Darling!!! Made me giggle out loud:-) Your silly animals were just as fun. You have a great sense of humor:-) TFS all your cards and joining us at CAS Mix Up with your bokeh cards. Hugs..Nancy

My name is Erika. said...

Super cards Cath! I love all the variety! Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in love with your cards. I can't pick a favorite, but the music one soothes me. They are all great, and I know why I don't make cards. Yours are so good, I could never make anything that wonderful.

hazel said...

Fabulous cards Cath, I love the bokeh ones, it's a technique I've always wanted to have a go at but never got round to it.
xxx Hazel.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful selection of cards, Cath! Love those fun ladies! I can sure identify with them, LOL! Your Bokeh cards are fabulous especially the second one! Love those colors and the pretty wildflowers in that CAS design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

ankitag612 said...

Your bokeh work is stunning! Love how you create a focal point and then do it. So inspiring! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Cath! Another wonderful variety of cards! I love the bokeh effect you got! I picked up some sale stamps yesterday on the way home...like I don't have enough stamps - I blame hubby as he kept pointing things out!! Hugs, Chrisx

Mariken said...

Beautiful flower-card! Love the other cards too.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!