'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday 9 January 2019

There’s a new Challenge Blog, which appeals to me because it really IS a challenge – CAS Stencil. CAS isn’t something I’d normally associate with Stencils. In fact, when I use stencils, I just throw on more and more layers of ink – most of the time. So I thought I’d try it…

The first challenge is Sponging, so for CAS Stencil, I made this… but also with Make My Monday’s Use a Sentiment challenge.

YOU ARE BRILLIANT 1

I used one of my favourite stencils – don’t know why I love it so much, but I love these higgledy piggledy rectangles and squares. I used Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers Oxide inks.

I’m running a ‘Make Someone Smile’ Mingle on KCUK, so I thought I’d make another one, with a fun slant, this time stencilling only the corners.

SMILES ARE CONTAGIOUS

My link to the ‘s’ is a bit ‘off’ – looks almost like an ‘r’. Must do that more carefully next time!

With the mingle in mind, I also made this one, adding spots and dots for the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge.

WINE DIET 1

I also had Stamping Sensations’ Fabulously Feminine Challenge in mind when making this one and the next, although I really wish I hadn’t added the extra bubbles to the next one… it looked much better as a CAS card. I’ll do another one when I’m in the mood… I didn’t find this one easy to colour! I made another couple using another stamp I didn’t find easy to colour…I need to find a tutorial on colouring liquids and glass!

SORRY THAT'S WINE 1

Just in case you’re wondering, while I do enjoy a nice glass of wine – or two – I don’t drink that much! In fact, I still have wine in that I bought for last Christmas and never got around to opening, despite taking a couple of bottles to my son’s on Christmas Day! But these words just make me chuckle, so I’m hoping they’ll do the same for the mingle recipients. WARNING… there are more to come!

The wine word stamps are new, so I’m pleased to be able to link to the Creatalicious ATG with optional ‘Something New’ challenge, SSS Monday Challenge and SSS Wednesday Challenge .

That’s all for now…

Thank you for popping by

Back soon

Cath

xxx

16 very kind comments from lovely people:

hazel said...

Fabulous and fun cards Cath, I love them. Happy New Year.
xxx Hazel.

brenda said...

A fun creation for our 'Fabulously Feminine' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Cath! Your stencil work looks wonderful & I love your choice of images.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Cards By MI said...

A really lovely looking card with stunning colours and fabby design. Thanks for joining us over at creatalicious Challenges this time.
Love n hugs
Marie, CC-teamie

Loll said...

Hi Cath! So happy you joined us at CAS Stencil. Love your first CAS card with the beautiful blend of colours over the tiled stencil ... I have that stencil too and it's fantastic. Great contrast with the black stamped sentiment that really pops! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

And what fun you've had with your stencils ... lots of fabulous cards. LOVE the cow!! And the fantastic cards with the wine and the girls with those fun sentiments. You had me laughing! Loll xx

Julia Aston said...

What a fun bunch of cards Cath! You really got into your stencils for these! Love the sentiments on all of them - they brought a chuckle! thanks so much for joining us in the 1st CAS Stencil Challenge!

Meggymay said...

Fabulous cards Cath. I love your CAS stencil ones, I would struggle with that theme.
Yvonne xx

Lynne K said...

Fabulous, Cath, love them all, especially the wine one! And great stencilling. Thanks for sharing with us for our Fabulously Feminine challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

My name is Erika. said...

These are lots of fun Cath.I love the wine diet saying. You really know how to make a really fun card! Hugs-Erika

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a fabulous set of cards and any one of them would be suitable for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Make my Monday. Love Dawn x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Meihsia Liu said...

Your cards are so fabulous and beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Jackie C said...

Super CAS cards! This has come together beautifully! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your creations again! Jackie DT member.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well, I have to say that the sentiment definitely made me smile Cath. I love your layout and the colour combination is just perfect. The pink and lavender work so well together and I love all the bubbles. Thank you for joining us in our 'Fabulously Feminine' theme challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Linda said...

What a fabulous collection of cards, and each one so different. Love your stenciled background on the first design. Thank you for joining us on the CAS Stencil challenge xx

Melanie said...

Wonderful cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional something new” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)