'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Good morning, peeps! Can you believe it’s already the 22nd January?  I think the theme of our brand new challenge over at Try it on Tuesdays, Time Flies., is very apt. Or maybe I’m just getting older, lol.

Here’s what I’ve made for the challenge…

The background is a mixture of Oxide and Distress inks, smooshed onto the cardstock after laying some down on my craft mat and spritzing with water, then a little more blended in over the top. Shading was added with Prisma Pencils.

The main image is from Paperartsy and the time text from Non Sequitur. ‘Time’ is from my old favourite company, sadly no longer in business, Time to Stamp. Rubber Dance have some of Kristy’s images, though they are often smaller than the ones I have.

Please go see the fantastic artwork from the rest of the team here

We would love you to join us in the challenge. Time is a great theme.

Look forward to seeing you there. You have TWO WEEKS to enter!

Back soon

Thank you so much for visiting…

Cath
xxx


11 very kind comments from lovely people:

Rosie said...

A fantastic card, Cath

pearshapedcrafting said...

The colours on this card are fabulous Cath - I shall have to try using crayons to bring out the colours! I do love that Paper Artsy stamp too! Time passes by far too quickly these days - I'm off for a catch up here!! Chrisxx

Meggymay said...

I love the inky background and smooshed is a great word to describe the technique you used. Its a fantastic time collage card Cath.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What an amazing make! It's perfect for our theme; the colours look beautiful with your stamped image and I love how you shaded it too 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

What an amazing time collage and your techniques always amaze me!
A wonderful piece Cath!
Happy Try It On Tuesday dear teamie!
Big hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool clock stamp Cath. It is perfect for this TIOT challenge and makes a great centerpiece! Thanks for your support. Hugs-Erika

Mrs A. said...

I love your beautifully coloured background. Just had a look through my stamps and found a crafty Inidivuals one that will be perfect for this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the blend you have achieved with those colours Cath, the white highlights have really helped make that clock image stand out from the page. Fabulous!!
It's amazing how the month is flying by so quickly.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Neet said...

A beautifully executed card Cath. I love anything to do with Time and so this is of special interest to me. Great background and with the addition of the pencil crayon just perfect colourways.
I seem to have missed so much of your work this past couple of weeks - need to play catch up now.
Hugs, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

Love the images you used here Cath, they look stunning on your gorgeous background.
Avril xx

Marjut said...

Lovely card!