'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 24 January 2019

The challenge at Moo Mania and More this week is Squares. I was playing with Kraft card for the Inkspirational Use Kraft challenge, and had a nicely sized ‘scrapling’ left over when I trimmed my card, so I made this simple little card, drawing three rough squares and using Gel pens for the splashes of colour. I didn't know I had some washi tape with squares on it - perfect.


Some of the DT used photos for their squares, which brought to mind an old Time to Stamp plate, Photo booth. I rooted it out and played around a little, distressing the card with Oxides after stamping the squares along the edge. This is what I ended up with.

The card I used is part of a pack sold as Kraft cards - it really is NOT kraft - it’s more of a matt goldy colour - such a shame.
This card is for Inkspirational Challenge. It’s an old image, from the Stamp Man, but I love these flowers and thought they’d look good on the Kraft card. I coloured with Prisma Pencils, but it’s not so easy to colour ribbed card with pencils, lol.

I made this following a Mood Board for a challenge which had ended by the time I got around to scanning it - story of my life, lol. But I love the colour combination - beige, brown and soft blue. I used Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress Oxides on the background.
I used my Kraft scraps to try out this stamp I'd forgotten about, which is another of my favourite quotes... nothing fancy, just clear embossed Versafine and looking at it here, it isn't very straight, either. I may just have to cut this stamp up so that I can use the words separately.
Thanks for popping by
Back soon
Cath
xxx

16 very kind comments from lovely people:

My name is Erika. said...

Fabulous card Cath. You have a great sense of humor and it comes shining through on the first of these card. The others are fantastic also. hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

Amazing cards, Cath.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Cath!
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

You are such a pro with craft paper - the most beautiful cards I always see here at your blog! I love the little scrapling you made with those lovely squares added for MOO Mania & More Challenge - # 183 - thank you for joining us dear Cath! And the other cards are also beauties. The one with the Stamp Man stamp is my favourite today! Happy weekendahead !
Big hugs
Susi

Meggymay said...

Fabulous cards again Cath. The kraft base looks really good. I must look out some older stamps that haven't seen the daylight in many a month after seeing your inspirational cards.
Yvonne xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

All cards are wonderful unique creations.
Big hugs Anja

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so much inspiration today! Your cards are just gorgeous, I especially like the first one with the crown quote, such fun ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Gibby Frogett said...

Lots of lovely things to see Cath but my favourite has to be the beautiful birthday card made with the stamp from the Stampman - I think if I recall that was a Kay Carley stamp - its gorgeous!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.... Gill xx

sheila 77 said...

I love the word "scrapling", have not heard of it before, and I love the piece you made with the amusing person wearing the crown alongside the three little squares. Clever to have found washi tape with squares too, it's all just perfect for the "Squares" challenge. I like the second piece very much too and of course love the cards, they are just beautiful.

Sue said...

What beautiful cards Cath, the Stamp Man looks amazing with the white on Kraft - this has to be my favourite colour combination. Have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Cath, the first is such fun!
Although it may not be 'proper' kraft, the ribbed card does give a nice texture.
Avril xx

Neet said...

Such gorgeous cards Cath. I love the one on the ribbed card especially, I think it is the blue against the background colour but then I do like the image too.
The one with the Stampman image is so 'you' as is the one with the wheat blowing in the wind - but then they al showcase your talent in so many ways. A beautiful array of cards again Cath.
hugs, Neet xx

Marina said...

I think you did a fabulous job of colouring on the ribbed card - it's a really pretty creation. Loved your other cards too. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous selection of cards love the first fun scrapling one but the second one is my favourite great vintage distressed look and design
Carol x

Little Artbee said...

All your cards are so special and unique. A lot of small Artworks. Like them all.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The first one made me laugh. The second one is a great layout. And the rest were lovely as well. Wonderful mix of artwork.