'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday 10 January 2019

I was ‘chuffed’ (to little mint balls, lol) to be asked to do a Guest Designer piece for Words 2 Craft By when I won a challenge there and even more chuffed (sorry, I’m a Northerner through and through) to discover the challenge was one of my all time favourite quotes from Emily Dickinson:-

“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings and sings without the words and never stops at all.”

I made a simple card, using part of a Penny Black stamp and a stamp of the above words (I like them so much, I have two stamps in different fonts/designs, but the other one isn’t the complete quote) over a smooshed Oxide background of Spun Sugar and Hickory Smoke.


.
Please pop over to the W2CB challenge blog to see the fab art the Design Team have created on this theme. I know they’d love you to see you there 😉 and it’s a great challenge if you like quotations.


Thank you so much for letting me join you for this one!

Thanks for visiting
Back soon
Cath
xxx

10 very kind comments from lovely people:

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations! What a fabulous card, I love the quote too and you paired it beautifully with the soft colours and pretty birds - stunning 😁. Wishing you a wonderful day! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

Congratulations Cath, I love how you were chuffed when you found out this news.
Its a fabulous card and a super quote you used.
Yvonne xx

Sybrina K said...

Hi, Cath! This really is such a pretty card, and I just love how you incorporated this month's words! Thank you for joining us at W2CB as a Guest I-Teamer. We love your aesthetic and are thrilled you accepted our invitation. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Congratulations on the guest design spot this month Cath! Your card is simply gorgeous and I love that it has the exact quote on it! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

froebelsternchen said...

I LOVE this card!
The Asina touch is so pretty and I also love the Emily Dickinson quote very much - wow even two stams with this quote - you really are a fan of this quote...lol!
Wonderful how the background looks like clouds...so pretty!

Hugs, Susi

froebelsternchen said...

And where are my manners?!
Congrats on being a guest designer there! They are happy to have you with them for sure!♥♥♥

Neet said...

First of all congratulations to you for being asked to be GD - well deserved as your work is superb. This could not have been a better challenge for you to take a leading light in - I know how you love your feathered friends and your quotes. A beautiful card, a beautiful image and beautifully executed.
Well done Cath, this is gorgeous.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jennifer said...

Well done Cath, on winning a previous challenge, and so glad that you agreed to guest design with us for this challenge. You have created such a beautiful and sensitive card, and how appropriate that this is one of your favourite quotes.

Jennifer. xx (W2CB DT)

BobbisTreasure said...

So happy you could join us at Words 2 Craft By! The smooshed background sets off your image and sentiment perfectly. And what a happy accident with the sentiment! Hope to see you again for another challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a wonderful way to portray this quote Cath - love those birds! Chrisx