'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 2 December 2019

Hello bloggers!
I actually made some Christmas cards - ones that I'll send to close friends and family, that is... 😊  This is early for me!  My NZ cards may even get there on time this year 😉 It's good to get time just to play, instead of having to produce something and blog it immediately.
Joan, who's part of the DT at Try it on Tuesday, used this Woodware stamp in her challenge and I fell in love with it. PLUS, it's a one stamp card, which is perfect for last minute (as always) cards and especially for my family.
I made a Brushos background, then stamped and embossed it, adding a little more colour with Inktense and Prismacolour pencils and a white gel pen. The sides were edged with Versamark, gold embossed and that's it. I like it - even thougoh the pic makes it look darker and less colourful than it is - and have even made another a different way. I think it would also look good simply gold embossed, so I may well try that later. Thanks, Joan!

My Swiss friend, in France, sends me lots of cheap clear stamps from her local shop, and when I saw this one, I thought I'd make a quick card with it to give her easy ideas... I hand drew the stems, à la Aall and Create's stamps, embossed, then added some Tumbled Glass ink through my gorgeous stencil and a stamped some parts of an Aall and Create background stamp in Peacock Feather DI, adding a few splashes.  Simple, but pretty.
Here are the stamps - I think It would be easy to replicate them, too.
I'm linking to the following challenges:-
Penny Black & More, Flowers all over
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday, Christmas/Holidays
A Place to start, Christmas and other Holidays

That's it for today...
Thank you so much for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

17 very kind comments from lovely people:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I'm in AWE of your cards. Both are SO beautiful and SO different, too. I'm impressed that you are still blogging daily. These cards are perfect additions and you can truly be proud of both. You have SO many stamps, and that Christmas one is out of this world.

My name is Erika. said...

I loved Joan's card and yours also. You are right, that is an amazing stamp. As is your card! And the other card is also a very happy one with all those dots. The purple flower sures pops off the page too. I think like me you are a stamp addict. I guess it is better than a lot of other addictions for sure. Happy December. Hugs-Erika

Sherry said...

Beautiful cards, Cath! The colors are amazing. I think I'm becoming addicted to stamps, too, lol! Have a great evening and happy card-making. :o)

brenda said...

Needless to say I love the floral one Cath and the simplicity of the image really lets the pretty background shine through. But your Christmas one is equally beautiful and so nice to see an image reflecting the true meaning of Christmas, sadly all too few do these days.

Many thanks for sharing our floral card with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Janet N. said...

Hi Cath! Your cards are beautiful. I adore your style and color choices. I’m glad that you still blog so I can enjoy your fabulous creations💕

Janet N.

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards! I love the Christmas card, it's such a beautiful design with the pretty Brusho colours 😁. How wonderful to receive stamps from your friend and the flowers look fabulous! Wishing you a happy week! Hugs, Jo x

Chana Malkah said...

Both cards are strikingly good! Your Christmas card is lovely and beautifully traditional! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

craftytrog said...

Two gorgeous cards Cath! I'm in the midst of a marathon Christmas card session... getting there! 😄 Xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two beautiful cards Cath and I especially like in inky background on your first card. Your second background is so subtle and works just perfectly with the image. I think I'm just about finished making my cards now and I've just had to take out a second mortgage to pay for the stamps to post them lol :) x

froebelsternchen said...

Two wonderful card Cath! Stunning designs! ♥♥♥
Susi

crafty-stamper said...

Really baeutiful Christmas card love the stamp and Brusho background.Thank you for joining us at A Place To Start
Carol DT x

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Addicted to Stamps!
Darlene
ADDICTED TO STAMPS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Neet said...

I agree with you on the nativity scene, what a lovely stamp and so quick to use with such lovely results, well, the way you did it. I haven't used my Brusho's in ages but i think I might just get the out before too long having seen this.
I love the background you have done on the other card, it is the perfect foil for those flowers and the colours chosen are just the ticket.
Hugs, Neet xx

DVArtist said...

Cath these are just beautiful I love the second one. Goofy birds are always happy art.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Another lovely post to read and see the gorgeous art you've made. Love those stamps and what you did with them, and simply beautiful nativity card. xoxo

Sheila H said...

Your Christmas card is lovely. The background nicely highlights the stamped images. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at A Place to Start.

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x