'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 29 December 2019

The time between Christmas and New Year always seems a little strange.
I see it as a time to relax and to think about both the year that's coming to an end and the year that's about to begin - there are always new adventures to be had - especially if the old ones were too much!

One of our KCUK members has a birthday in this time, so I made her this card.
I used Oxides for the background with a couple of collage stamps featuring stars and this lovely Startrish Design image as my focal image. I added a few of the stars I die cut from my TH Christmas Tree decorations.
Of course, it's going to be late... oops! I honestly didn't forget the date, I just lost track of which day was which - a consequence of total relaxation - so only realised last night that it was Saturday 😁 
I don't think she'll even notice because she's very Scottish and will be seriously celebrating Hogmanay!
I don't think I shared the one I made for Christmas, although I did share some of the tags I made with the smaller images... it features another of Trish's designs and a background in similar colours, but with Christmas texts stamped behind her, embossed in black and white.
They both seem to have lost the very rosy cheeks I gave them...sometimes alcohol markers blend a little TOO well - or maybe I blend them too much! These girls are larger than I expected, just over 5"/13cm tall, so I'm pleased I decided to get two smaller images, too. 

The Country View Challenges Stars challenge is still live, so I'll link to them and to 
Make My Monday, Female Birthday

Happy In Between Christmas and New Year!
Thank you for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

14 very kind comments from lovely people:

meg said...

looks like the perfect card for a Birthday at this time of year, love the background and the focal image, thank you for joining in at MMM

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, you have made some absolutely incredible cards. Truly lovely and SO mailable, too. Happy New Year, dear Cath.

My name is Erika. said...

These are great cards Cath. I think your friend will understand how the birthday card is a little late. I'm not sure what Hogmanay is (I am going to go look it up as soon as I finish this comment), but I think everyone is in the same mood. It is a good time to go into relax mode, isn't it? These angel images are great stamps. They look pretty good sized too. I hope you enjoy your relax time and have a super New year. hugs-Erika

Dawn Phillips said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful colours and I love the cute angely! Happy start of 2020 dear Cath!

Susi xxx

Caty said...

Your cards are really Gorgeous Cath ! I loove them both, the backgrounds are incredible beautiful, and great colours, just amazing.
I wish you a very Happy New Year 2020, with my best wishes.
Big hugs, Caty

DVArtist said...

These are wonderful. The backgrounds make it all come together.

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards and backgrounds love the stamps
Carol x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards! The images are amazing and I love how you incorporated the stars - perfect 😁. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very happy New Year, may it be filled with peace, good health and love! Hugs, Jo x

María said...

These cards are wonderful, I love the backgrounds you've created and the colours you've used, and those stamps are super cute. Happy New Year!!!. Hugs, María.

Marjut said...

Beautiful cards.
Happy New Year!

rachel said...

gorgeous card - I love this - thanks for joining our December challenge at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw. Big hugs Rachel x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love both cards, Cath. Happy In-Between to you. It's like you read my mind. Here it is Jan. 5 and I'm still wanting another week of it, lol. Daughter gets married Feb. ! and I won't be much good until it's over. Last-minute fun! xoxo

Twinkle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.