'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday 15 December 2019


Just popping in to show you my little die scenes...I wanted to send a few of these and was determined to make them 3D, so I cut all the dies, prepared the base cards, splattering white stars with paint and Frantage EP, and played.

Once I'd spent over an hour messing with the bottom bit on the second, I realised I was making this WAY more complicated than it needed to be, so I ditched the foam tape and simply stuck them down on the card. They need a tunnel card, really - I'll come back to that.
There are three very similar cards, so here's the one on which I used foam tape, with a snapshot of the others beneath.


 
I'm linking to these Stars challenges;

and to

Allsorts, Inspired by a Song, Joy to the World

Hope you're all much further on with your Christmas prep than I am!
On a personal note, I had a spinal nerve root block on Monday, that I've had a reaction to, so I'm not able to do all I'd hoped.  
So I'm enjoying focusing on Christmas 😊 
It's our Carols by Candlelight service tonight - yay - always very special, though I'm not singing this year.
Thanks for calling in
Back soon
Cath
xxx

18 very kind comments from lovely people:

Meggymay said...

The die cut scene looks lovely, sometimes taking an easier option works just as well. Your cards look beautiful.
Look after yourself Cath and I hope you are not in to much pain.
Yvonne xx

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW Cath, your cards look so beautiful, I like them all very much, fantastic work.

All the best for you.
Anke

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards Cath and love the die-cut scenes-spinal root block sounds painfull and hope the reaction eases soon
Carol x

My name is Erika. said...

I like all of these. I know what you mean because sometimes it is really easy to make more work than needed. But nice cards. I hope you enjoy your carol service and that your reaction goes away and you can move forward. Hugs-Erika

Kathleen said...

A really super Christmas scene, great images and background. Thank you for joining our 'Inspired by a song' challenge at Allsorts but did state that we would like you to say which song you have been inspired by.

Kath x

Ellibelle said...

Such beautiful Christmas cards, loving the scenes and gorgeous colors!
Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

All three cards are lovely. Your use of the die cuts was fabulous. I think the two without the foam tape are as good as the first one you made. They are all truly wonderful.

I hope you are doing better after your painful experience on Monday. Please feel better because this is NOT the time of year to have such pain and suffering.

crafty-stamper said...

Just seen your comment on my card about the background which got me thinking-went to check out my old wooden stamps and guess what have a wood effect background stamp!!!
Carol x

Karen said...

Terrific cards! I love the scenes you've created. I like how you spattered the stars (why didn't I think of that?!) I hope you enjoyed the Carols and that you find relief from your pain too. Love, Karen

التميز المثالي للخدمات المنزلية said...


شركة تنظيف فلل شقق مجالس سجاد بالدمام والخبر



Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous 3D card Cath-love the dies!! Wishing you well and healing, and happy Christmas!

Neet said...

Beautiful cards Cath, love the little village you have created.
Hope you get some relief from the nerve root block when the reaction stops - Cindee has those and says she always has a reaction but feels the benefit afterwards.
Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and dare I wish you a pain free year ahead.
Hugs, Neet xx

Monika Gulyas said...

Wow, beautiful scene and card!!! I love it!!! Thank you for joining the December challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Sue said...

These are beautiful Cath, just the way they are! I hope you're feeling a lot better now. Have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful 2020, Sue xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such beautiful cards! I love the 3D scenes that you created and the colour combinations are perfect 😁. I hope you enjoyed your carol service and are feeling much better soon! Take care and wishing you and yours a magical Christmastime! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Boy am i Behind trying to catch up. Super Fab Die Cards, love them all. I sure hope the reaction is only temporary, Cath. How brave you are to do that. Happy Christmas! xoxo

Craftyfield said...

It's beautiful like that, and less bulky for the post! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

Evelyn Walter said...

Gorgeous card with a great scene!
Thank you for joining in with our December challenge over at Country View Challenges!
Happy New Year!
Evelyn